Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abundant Rainfall...will a feeder still be effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abundant Rainfall...will a feeder still be effective?

With an abundance of rain in my hunting area spurring plenty of ground feed, will a feeder be effective in drawing deer to a central point? Does it change the pattern deer normally take?

Deer are lazy - they will come by...

Comment

should I wait until later (mid-september) to set up the feeder or begin now? I've only been hunting for 1 year and had moderate success getting deer to the feeder.

Comment

NOW !

Dont wait.

Comment

If you are going to use a feeder, the sooner it is out the better... In our area, feeders work well b/c normally we have very little natural browse as we are in a normally low rainfall area and the only thing for the deer seem to be acorns... When we get good rain, I camp out on the oaks that the deer seem to be hitting the hardest, all the while the feeder is still going but normally just the does and little ones are stopping by...

Best of luck getting big boy this year

Comment

Need it now so they know to stop by occasionally and once it freezes they will know where to go.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I'm in church work and we use a lot of mentoring techniques. Now if I could just find a guy to teach me about hunting!!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
              X