Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you do when your images show up on random web sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably wouldn't care. If you complain or demand payment, they'll probably just use someone else's picture instead. At least they linked back to your page. Probably more than most would do. I doubt there's enough $$$ involved to make it worth fighting over. So, yeah, I would probably just be flattered and enjoy the extra flickr traffic. Oh, and by the way, I'm using your luna house as my computer desktop and I'm not paying you squat!

Comment

At the bottom, mire aquí amigo.

Copyright © 2008 by Mexicovacationtravels.com

HMMMMMMMM

Comment

If you get the credit, I don't know that I would worry too much. If you want to make money, say something.

Comment

One more thing, connect the camera to your computer with the software that came with it installed. Go in and put your name on your camera. This will tag every photo with your name in the EXIF. Like this:

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Comment

Noticed something similar happened to one of mine! The guy actually marked it as a favorite and I just found this in my referrals. Anyone able to read that?

Thomerama's Blog

Comment

Some of my images show up on profiles here at TBH.com

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Noticed something similar happened to one of mine! The guy actually marked it as a favorite and I just found this in my referrals. Anyone able to read that?

Thomerama's Blog

Just says it was originally uploaded by you

Comment

Once it goes on the net................. I would hate to see anyone make a buck off of someone else's work, or misrepresent the photo in anyway, but it will happen. You can try to place a layer in the photo that will not take from the photo but will give you credit. I have been meaning to create a watermark for mine but just have been too lazy

Comment

This situation reminds me of the "Javelina Punt" video that someone else claimed as "Their Video".

Comment

I would think it would be cool if someone used my photo, but it would be nice if they asked first.......

Comment

Break out the coats. Hell has froze over!!!!!!
                        Just got this e-mail:

You've been sent a Flickr Mail from Skip the Filler: Ant Swarms

Hi prosser94,
                        Here's a personal note from Phil Skipper:
                        __________________________________________________ ________

We are working on coverage of ants and their effect onsurrounding communities and your image would be an idealcontribution to one of our stories. Would you allow us topublish this image, properly attributing it to you, ofcourse? You would also be welcome to add other images toour coverage, or to write your own stories. please click on this link - where you can approve or rejectits use:
                        http://www.nowpublic.com/import/482b63ceda46e4.56688763__________________________________________________ __________

Now Public is a news sharing community that uses stories,photos, & videos from sources like you. If you would like to learn more about this request, and thecontext in which your photo might be used, click on thislink: http://www.nowpublic.com/import/482b63ceda46e4.56688763 If you do give your permission, your photo will alwaysremain your property, and whatever license you havespecified will follow its use on NowPublic.com If you have any concerns about this, please contact our Quality Assurance Coordinator at quality@nowpublic.com
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        To reply to this message, click here:http://www.flickr.com/messages_read....57605070950246 To update your email settings, click here:http://www.flickr.com/account/prefs/notifications/ The Flickr Team www.flickr.com

Comment

That's why I always put a watermark on my images. If they are on the net they will get taken eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                            Oh, and by the way, I'm using your luna house as my computer desktop and I'm not paying you squat!
                            I am using an adobe house in NM that he took on his last trip for mine and it is so relaxing when i get irritated at work .

Thanks for having such a wonderful eye Leggy!

Comment

Working...
                            X