2019/20 live!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019/20 live!!!

It’s that time of year again boys and girls!!! I haven’t gotten to make a single hunt so far this year and I am chomping at the bits for 6pm to get here!!! I had an opportunity to get on a lease up in the Panhandle this year. Turns out that lease is closer to my rig than home is so I’m making a short hunt up there before heading home. I have 3 stand locations and 2 of which have cell cams on them (that stopped sending pics about 5 days ago when the squirrels chewed through the solar panel wires again). The two cams sending pics show signs of some really nice 2-4 year old deer and 1 or 2 that are shooter age. I went up about 3 weeks ago with Steph and the kids and did a little dove hunting/ stand prep and they’re in love with the place. I told Steph to jump on a plane to Amarillo and I’d pick them up on my way bit she decided to wait until there’s a chance for snow for the kiddos lol.

Anyways, it’ll be a relatively short hunt as I’ve been away from home too long already but I have full intentions of dumping a doe at least! There’s a few pigs around, lots of deer, some turkeys, and hopefully the older bucks have gotten on their feet! As soon as I get home I have another place close to home that I haven’t even seen yet. HSBTGarcia twisted my arm and made me get on with him. He says it’s good but you can’t always trust a guy that looks as white as me but has a messican last name!

6pm can’t get here quick enough! 2019 has been a long and busy year. Lots of cool fun stuff to talk about while I’m not seeing deer in the pines so we’ll catch up on all of that as we go. I’ll update as I can and look forward to another year with all of y’all knot heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been waiting on this one!!
    Good luck amigo!!!

Comment

And he is back............just like that.

Following as always.

Rwc

Comment

Go get 'em Joog. My God man, looks like you're working near Hobbs. I spent some time there a couple years ago working on a couple wells. Not exactly my first choice of places to be.

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            Go get 'em Joog. My God man, looks like you're working near Hobbs. I spent some time there a couple years ago working on a couple wells. Not exactly my first choice of places to be.
            I’m just far enough inside of Texas to not have to pay New Mexico taxes lol. I can’t say I’m in love with the country out here but I am very thankful for the steady work. Hope y’all are doing well buddy.

Comment

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Joog... won't find no White Oak flats out there!! That flat open country is tough on a East Texas boy!! Good luck! Hope you shoot a biggun! Some big bodied deer out there... they're fat on wheat in a lot of that area... Talk about food plots!! Us Piney woods rats ain't used to huntin' a 1000 acre food plot!!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck Steve.....I'll be following along.

My first sit won't be until Nov. 2 in Colorado with the boom stick.
                    Last edited by C.Read; 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Good luck Steve. I haven't made a sit yet either and was going to tonight and tomorrow morning but we have a work dinner party tonight and I have OT scheduled tomorrow afternoon. Guess I will have to wait. Will be looking forward to the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        I’m just far enough inside of Texas to not have to pay New Mexico taxes lol. I can’t say I’m in love with the country out here but I am very thankful for the steady work. Hope y’all are doing well buddy.
                        Life is good, waiting on my son to get off work so we can head to the San Saba deer woods this eve. Can't wait to get out there and hunt in the cooler weather. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Hey Joog... won't find no White Oak flats out there!! That flat open country is tough on a East Texas boy!! Good luck! Hope you shoot a biggun! Some big bodied deer out there... they're fat on wheat in a lot of that area... Talk about food plots!! Us Piney woods rats ain't used to huntin' a 1000 acre food plot!!
                          You ain’t wrong Charlie! There’s like 4 oak trees in all of Wheeler County and I have a bow stand in every one of them lol. I did pick me up one of those big food plot guns too. I got a Remy 700 LRM40 in 7Mag with a Swaro Z5 5-25x52 on top of it. Priority 1 is to sneak a Slick Trick into a doe’s gizzards. Priority 2 is sight that sucker in! After deer season I’m gonna tinker on it a little and see if I can get it to really shoot.

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          Life is good, waiting on my son to get off work so we can head to the San Saba deer woods this eve. Can't wait to get out there and hunt in the cooler weather. Best of luck to you.
                          I do moss hunting San Saba! That was fun country to run around in. Good luck to y’all and safe travels. Keep us updated!

Comment

Good luck Steve

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X