Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakes Whitney and Aquilla 2012-2013- lets go hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WMR View Post
    TG i think that could be a small price to pay for the knowledge you could give of the area
    x2

Worth it.

Comment

There was one time me and my old hunting buddy was hunting lake A. And we walked up on someones feeder and my buddy goes to pulling and sawing on that limb and i panicked between trying to get him to stop and worrying if the owner of that feeder was going to show up i made a quick decision and i ran and pulled the limb down and headed for the truck and sure enough here comes a guy down the trail my buddy takes off running threw the woods trying to hide his new feeder i stop and talk to a all around good guy and turned out it was his feeder and i lied about seeing the feeder and my buddy walks up and lies i saw that guy one more time that season and i lied again and it ate me alive to know what i did and two years later at lake A early in the morning I'm talking to a guy at the gate i cant even see his face but i knew the voice and i told him everything he laughed and said don't worry about it i knew it was yall your buddy was covered in saw dust ( i ain't hunted with him since)

Comment

Originally posted by rcjunky007 View Post
        Hey now, we hunted together last year. I didn't tell anyone where your spot was. And fed it for you.
        Your a rare breed!

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
          There was one time me and my old hunting buddy was hunting lake A. And we walked up on someones feeder and my buddy goes to pulling and sawing on that limb and i panicked between trying to get him to stop and worrying if the owner of that feeder was going to show up i made a quick decision and i ran and pulled the limb down and headed for the truck and sure enough here comes a guy down the trail my buddy takes off running threw the woods trying to hide his new feeder i stop and talk to a all around good guy and turned out it was his feeder and i lied about seeing the feeder and my buddy walks up and lies i saw that guy one more time that season and i lied again and it ate me alive to know what i did and two years later at lake A early in the morning I'm talking to a guy at the gate i cant even see his face but i knew the voice and i told him everything he laughed and said don't worry about it i knew it was yall your buddy was covered in saw dust ( i ain't hunted with him since)
          That's funny… a little hard to read but funny!

I prefer to hunt with others but believe that my success on public land has benefited from goin in alone. Less scent left behind, less noise and movement, less to be distracted by, and more time to hunt the way I like to hunt. That being said, it sure would have been nice to have somebody there to share my success with in the woods at those times. Not to mention having help dragging out those deer in the dark a mile from the truck!

Hey TO just a thought…......... Why don't we have a separate "winner" for the oldest buck taken this year????? From the pics I've gotten over the last 3 years and deer that ive encountered while on stand I can identify at least 6 different bucks that I know will be 4.5 or older this fall. Problem is that none of these deer will score high enough to be considered "trophy's" by most and some will even score less than some of the younger deer I've seen. I'm not trying to complicate things or step out of line but IMO these older bucks are more of a trophy than a 3 yr old with really good potential. Again, just my thoughts. There are only two bucks that I really want to see again this fall and guarantee you neither one of them will score over 130".

HG
          Last edited by homegrown; 08-06-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

The only reason I never added the age in with the scoring is it's to risky to have an exact age. You might say one is 4.5 and someone else might say it's 3.5. So it's just easier to do it without so no ones feelings get hurt.

Comment

Ok last year my truck quit on me in the middle of deer season! I got it running and it ran like new all year. Here we are closing in on a new season and my truck is parked with a flat, 4 rotten tires,a burnt up compressor, brake booster is going out, my radiator leaks, and something called the death wobble I've been told that if i get the new tires and a new steering stabilizer it should be gone. Is it just me are is this truck starting to sound like a anti hunter?

Comment

Depends on how serious you are. I think there's room for both types of hunting, but when you're trying to get a nice buck, you got to go at it alone. Now, if you're both hunting from the same parking area/access point, and you can meet up back at the trucks after the hunt and swap stories, then you get the best of both worlds. You each have your "spot", and you can share the events of the hunt. Sounds like a good balance to me. Just as long as your "buddy" doesn't get to nosy if you know what I mean .
                I hunt with my brother alot, and I have a good friend that moved off to the temple area and doesn't hunt the corp land anymore. We all knew each others spots and shared spots, and I still hunt some of the spots that my friend "found" 10 yrs ago when we were just getting started.

Comment

BIG BUCK AND HEAVY DOE CONTEST RULES
                  1. Deer must be taken on Lake Whitney and Aquilla corp land.
                  2. Deer must be taken in a legal manner.
                  3. Bucks will be scored by inside spread plus points. Razorback or myself will score the bucks.
                  4. Doe will be weighed by hanging scale. You can take a picture of zeroed out scale then picture of doe on the scale with weight amount shown. Then post the pics on here.
                  5. Entry is $20 a person and covers both. Payback is 60% of all the money to biggest buck and 40% to heaviest doe.
                  I live in whitney and can help anyone as long as im free. PM if you want my number.
                  ALL MONEY is due before opening day of bowseason. If everyone who hasnt paid wants to get together and eat lunch one day that would be a easy way for everyone to pay. Any questions PM me.

Comment

BBC
                    And the contest ends the last day of doe season.

Comment

Ready for deer season to start.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344398013.722076.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24101527Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344398031.452612.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	24101528Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344398052.423602.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24101529Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344398075.561776.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24101530

Camp house almost done should be finished just in time for the start of the season. So excited. A/C in the middle of the day instead of sweating under a tree.

Comment

Bout where's your camp house?

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                            Ready for deer season to start.
                            Me to! Season starts early this year. In September!!!!

Comment

Permits*will be issued starting August*20th 2012, WHEN THE NEW 2012-2013 HUNTING LICENSES ARE AVAILABLE. You will not be issued a permit with the 2011-2012 hunting license. Potential hunters for Whitney and Aquilla*can register for a permit at the Whitney Lake Office*at 285 County Road 3602 Clifton, Texas 76634.*Monday*thru Friday from 8:00 a.m.*until 4:30 p.m.

If you are a previous hunter and are blocked you will not be allowed to apply for a 2012-2013 hunting license. There are NO exceptions!

IF YOU ARE A HUNTER FROM THE 2011-2012 HUNTING SEASON AND ARE NOT BLOCKED YOU MAY RENEW ONLINE FOR THE 2012-2013 SEASON!

If NOT you will need to mail in or bring with you the hunting application and the waiver of liablity.

Comment

It's a 1/4 of a mile from an entry point and boat ramp.

Comment

Working...
                                X