Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
    my 10yr old threw his first no hitter this week. my 9yr was the catcher. i would lilke to get their pic tonight, maybe send it to you and see what you could come up with that i could frame and hang on their wall?
    Sure, send them to me. I am shooting 15 teams this week, so it may not be real fast at getting back to you. You can email them to photos@getbranded.ink

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

my 10yr old threw his first no hitter this week. my 9yr was the catcher. i would lilke to get their pic tonight, maybe send it to you and see what you could come up with that i could frame and hang on their wall?
      That's greatness ... Congrats to the little guy.

Comment

thanks to all! he didnt really think it was a big deal, i told him those are rare, but for you to throw one and your brother catch it is very special.... i didnt realize he did it until the next day when i was looking at the scorecard.
        Last edited by chris1911; 04-28-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
          Sure, send them to me. I am shooting 15 teams this week, so it may not be real fast at getting back to you. You can email them to photos@getbranded.ink

got you saved so tomorrow ill try to get an email to you with an idea of what i want it to say.

Comment

got you saved so tomorrow ill try to get an email to you with an idea of what i want it to say.
            Got it, shoot me a pm.. if you have time. New tapatalk update I can't seem to get them to send correct

Comment

And the journey to position playing begins.....got his heart set on being a catcher although I think his strength is at 2nd

Comment

I always loved catching when I was young, my son does it a little now too, hoping he sticks with it in kid pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  I always loved catching when I was young, my son does it a little now too, hoping he sticks with it in kid pitch.
                  Catcher is crazy important in kid pitch that I have seen. A strong arm makes a huge difference with all the stealing and distracted runners, lol.

Comment

My daughter has played since she was 5. She lettered as a Freshman and is currently a Sophomore and lettered again. She is 16 and plays 18U Gold for an exposure team. She has been all over the states playing and we wouldn't change a thing. It's been a fun ride so far and looking forward to College ball in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      We have our fair share of kids moving on to play college ball, but I was talking about only maybe 20% in the state. I also want to say one more thing to the parents please don't ever go to an organization and tell the coaches your child was offered a full ride at this school or that school never going to happen in college baseball unless he is D1 stud and even then very slim chance
                      Yea, KPark has several kids graduating this year going to play college ball. Good group of kids, several of which played for Dynasty. My boys never were into baseball, but we did the select softball thing with my daughter. Mainly with a team downtown. Some there in kingwood.

My nephew may be on your team, my brother told me the other day he is playing for Dynasty.

Your right about the scholarships though. Even in football DIV 2 and NAIA are trying to spread the wealth. My son is weighing several schools still for playing football, hasn't made up his mind yet. They are all partial offers. DIV 3 schools dont give any scholarships, so you play for fun.
                      Last edited by crawdaddct; 05-10-2016, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Catcher is crazy important in kid pitch that I have seen. A strong arm makes a huge difference with all the stealing and distracted runners, lol.
                        when we moved up last spring i never would have imagined catcher as that important of a position. found out very quickly, passed balls are a killer. block and slide, block and slide,block and slide........both my boys catch, the older is better as he will block and slide most of the time, but the biggest asset he has over his younger brother is he doesnt flinch when the bat is swung and the ball comes through.

Comment

We played in the Xtreme Baseball tournament this past weekend at Pepsi/Frito-Lay park in Plano. If you ever get a chance to play at this park it was a great experience for the boys. They announce all the boys coming up to bat just like an mlb game. Great fun tournament

Comment

Playoffs starting tonight for my little guy. 8 starts and 2 runs given up over the course of the season. Average of 7 strikeouts per start. Has been a great season for him.

Got a look from a guy at Frozen Ropes? Havent really heard them mentioned much.

Also weird that they allow the older players in the same league to have a higher pitch count.

Comment

We went through about 8 years of select ball, all over the country, was a big commitment but was well worth it, lots of great memories.

Comment

12U tournament last weekend.
                                Here's my boy about to bat.

But that Catcher..
                                Not your average 12 year old, eh?
                                What are they feeding that boy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	24445297

Comment