Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMag dying

A while a go I bought 10 Sand colored P Mags from www.Gunmagwarehouse.com
    They were much cheaper than the Black, but were just about white.
    But who cares as long as they feed and are the right price. I'm not in battle. They were 7.99ea.
    I wind up getting emails from from Gumagwarehouse. One of them about dying these mags different colors with clothes dye. Rit to be exact. Well today I bought some Graphite Gray dye(black was sold out) and had a go at it.
    They wound up becoming a dark gray clay earth color. The first one came out great. Then when it dryed it became more of a clay color like the rest of them.
    So in case anyone wants custom colored mags, it is possible.
    These will work as my .300 BO mags so I do not confuse with 5.56.
    What do you think?
    KIMG1239 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

KIMG1242 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Articles on dying mags.
    Sand PMAGs are the perfect platform for dyeing custom colors. Its easy and doesn't even require the use of the outdoors and a camp fire.

How do you dye a PMAG? A sand PMAG makes for an excellent blank canvas. Rit Dye is an excellent choice for coloring your mags and it's simple to use.

I got the same email, the colors you can dye a sand pmag are almost limitless. But... it looks like the color won’t be exactly true to the color on the dye bottle. It’s a neat idea for something different. I wonder if you left them in the dye water longer if they would come out a more true grey color, or maybe the sand will just always show through some.

Fun fact... sand is the only non black color that magpul has tested to be as strong as black. So If you wanted the toughest FDE, ODG, or any other color magpul gear available... you should buy sand and dye it to your desired color.
    Last edited by lungbuster1985; 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

not the kind of dying I thought...

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

Same here

Comment

Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup...bad spelling on behalf . I should have spelled it 'Dyeing".

Sheesh...and not one spelling/grammer cop when you need one

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              Yup...bad spelling on behalf . I should have spelled it 'Dyeing".

Sheesh...and not one spelling/grammer cop when you need one
              You misspelled GRAMMAR.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                You misspelled GRAMMAR.

Lol.. nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  A while a go I bought 10 Sand colored P Mags from www.Gunmagwarehouse.com
                  They were much cheaper than the Black, but were just about white.
                  But who cares as long as they feed and are the right price. I'm not in battle. They were 7.99ea.
                  I wind up getting emails from from Gumagwarehouse. One of them about dying these mags different colors with clothes dye. Rit to be exact. Well today I bought some Graphite Gray dye(black was sold out) and had a go at it.
                  They wound up becoming a dark gray clay earth color. The first one came out great. Then when it dryed it became more of a clay color like the rest of them.
                  So in case anyone wants custom colored mags, it is possible.
                  These will work as my .300 BO mags so I do not confuse with 5.56.
                  What do you think?
                  KIMG1239 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

KIMG1242 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Articles on dying mags.
                  Sand PMAGs are the perfect platform for dyeing custom colors. Its easy and doesn't even require the use of the outdoors and a camp fire.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/ritdye_sand_pmags/
                  I think they all look good.. if your ar is a shooter and you carry the dang thing or it bounces around in the jeep at the ranch, who cares if it's all matchy matchy

Comment

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
                    Last edited by 10-96inTexas; 06-21-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

They look awesome. Nice job.

Comment

Those look good! The color will change some depending on how long you leave them in. We played around with some red and blue. I picked up couple more mags this week to mess with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dyed 10 pmags bright pink for my daughters AR. I wasn’t happy with the color variation but it’s pretty durable and she loves it.

Comment

Built .300 blackouts for grandkids in 4 different color patterns. Dyed sand colored mags to match primary color of guns, this way kids can't say someone has got their mag. Purple, blue, zombie green and red. They all came out great.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              Same

Comment

Working...
                              X