Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Waco Corp Land

Anybody have any luck?
    I hunted N3 yesterday am and saw lots of does.
    N1 and N2 around Eichelburger crossing was covered up in the morning.
    I drove by and counted 8 trucks.

I didn't hit the corps land this weekend, just private. Figured it would be crawling with hunters being opening weekend. I hunted n3 early in each of the past two seasons and same story, just tons of does and hogs. Good luck to ya.

Comment

I hear the area off barrett rd. Is good.

Comment

It is. There are quality deer on S2, no doubt. I am excited that I drew my gun tag for there during Thanksgiving week- it should be rockin'. Going to Hig for my first Corps hunt of the year tomorrow. Bryce and I are going to hang and hunt a set tomorrow evening and then hit it again Friday morning.

Comment

How was the hunt HenduAg?

Comment

Hunted Thursday eve - Sat am, saw deer every hunt but the Friday evening hunt. Not much action as far as bucks went, saw one spike and a small sixer. As far as other hunters went, I only saw one hunter and it was Friday morning. The guy was hunting from a tree saddle. A very interesting concept if you've never heard of it. I hadn't but when i looked it up online it blew me away how cool this would be on public land. Getting used to literally hanging from a tree in a harness would take some time though.

Did u get out and hunt?

Comment

Is it possible to still get permits to hunt around Lake Waco?

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                Is it possible to still get permits to hunt around Lake Waco?
                no

Comment

I'd like to give this a bump. I havn't had much time to get in the stand but I have gotten out a couple sits and it was slow......warm and too much moon probibly played a big part in the lack of deer seen. Is any body else been out and done any good?

Comment

It has been slow. Haven't seen or heard of any big deer harvested.
                    Seen several 6's and 8's. But with end bow season comeing they are
                    Looking better and better.

Comment

Last week on tuesday evening and wednesday morning I saw alot of activity. Mostly doe and small bucks. I look to make another couple sits at the end of this week. I did hear that there was a good buck taken over by the 185 bridge.... I'd like to know more!

Comment

Id like to see the harvest logs for this bow season on the corp land.
                        It was pretty slow from what I have heard.

Comment

I heard that a hunter took a big deer on the north side mid oct. Supposedly was a thirteen pt but I haven't seen any pics or heard any more about it. Not sure how big though. Jay would probably know. I will call him next week to get the skinny and I'll let you know what I find out.

Comment

Saw Bumbs Living in N-3

Comment

Working...
                            X