Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McLennan County Stud - My boy done good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McLennan County Stud - My boy done good!

We had a great morning today! I got on another lease this year, but kept the one I've been on for my 12 year old, Easton, to hunt on since it is pretty close to the house.

That being siad, I didn't start feeding until 2 weeks ago, but knew that most likely wouldn't be a problem for activity. I've been watching a new app, deercast, to see when ideal hunting times were forecasted, and today was shown as great for our area all week.

After sitting about an hour and a half and only seeing does, I had a feeling we were going to see a buck or 2 soon. I kept checkin a treeline about 300 yds that mature bucks frequent while checking for does, and finally saw the back end of a buck before he disappeared behind a tree. I told Easton that maybe he'll work this way. About 10 minutes later, he came out at about 240 yds with wet antlers and the sun beaming on him. When I got my binos on him, everything in me was shook up. He looked huge out there! I calmly as I could told Easton we had a big one out there and to get ready. He worked all the way in to us and stopped a couple times to work scrapes. He finally stopped to check for does and I heard Easton take his safety off his 243. He asked if he was good to shoot, and I told him he had the green light. A perfect shot to the shoulder put him down after a 20 yard run.

The buck rough scored 152", which is 15" bigger than anything I have ever shot, and is the biggest deer by that much since I started hunting there 7 years ago. He is a great kiddo, and has thanked me 100 times for taking him this morning and letting him shoot when he came out. What a fun hunt niether of us will ever forget! I gotta admit I am a bit jealous though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 11-04-2018, 11:58 AM.

Congrats on a beautiful deer! Good job young man!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats to both of you.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!

Good stuff. Big congrats to your son on a great buck.

Comment

Congrats to the Young Man on a Great buck!

Comment

That’s a great one!

Comment

Awesome! That memory will last a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Wowza, what a buck! Lucky young man! Wonderful memory for you two to share!

Comment

Awesome buck congrats

Comment

What a beautiful deer, congrats to Easton

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats to your boy and good job to you dad.

Comment

Nice buck, was it low fence?

Comment

What a bruiser, what a cool memory. congrats to both of yall

Comment

Working...
                              X