X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irion Co. 8pt

October 2016 ~

8pt I call "8to10"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMU_FSbsfDo"]Irion Co. 8pt. Oct 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

I guess about 128 and 3/4.
    Beauty! That is a good looking wide eight behind him.

BP

Comment

Nice buck and nice shot.

Comment

Very nice buck and great shot

Comment

Congrats on a good buck. And great shot. Thanks for sharing the video

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
            Congrats on a good buck. And great shot. Thanks for sharing the video
            If I'm not mistaken I think this is the deer he shot and couldn't find for a bit. That right leg was farther back even though it looks to be a perfect shot. Regardless it's a shot that should result in a dead deer 9 times out of 10. Just a friendly reminder for you guys to make sure the front leg is forward especially on a quartering to shot. That's a great looking 8 though congrats on a great bow kill.

Comment

Man that shot looks better now than what I was looking at on Saturday. I had my ipad then. Good shot and probably had he not found the super thick stuff you would have gotten your hands on him after the first search.

Comment

Originally posted by GtownBowhunter View Post
                If I'm not mistaken I think this is the deer he shot and couldn't find for a bit. That right leg was farther back even though it looks to be a perfect shot. Regardless it's a shot that should result in a dead deer 9 times out of 10. Just a friendly reminder for you guys to make sure the front leg is forward especially on a quartering to shot. That's a great looking 8 though congrats on a great bow kill.

So did it deflect off the bone or what happened. Looks like it would of only went 30-40 yards at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, That's right.

I definitely knew better but just didn't notice at the time he moved that front opposite leg forward, when he did.

Comment

Great shot Brandon! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
                      So did it deflect off the bone or what happened. Looks like it would of only went 30-40 yards at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      No deflection. I saw him after i shot and thought he went down at around 40 yards. He ran up there and stopped. I just knew he would be dead right there. I was wrong. Lol

Comment

Glad you found him man! stud 8!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Maybe its an optical illusion, or I could just be going crazy but it almost looks like the arrow bounces off the deer behind him. The arrow stops immediately and the nock hits the ground first. Good looking buck and I'm glad you found him.
                            Last edited by aggieman08; 10-05-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Man I'm with the above. That shot looks better today than it did on Saturday. Yes leg was back and he was slightly quartered to you but still looked good enough.

Just glad you were able to get some closure on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X