TruFuel or Other Pre-Mix Fuels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TruFuel or Other Pre-Mix Fuels

I have been mixing my own fuel for my Sthil blower, weedeater, and chainsaw for a decade. Never had any issues with this process. While reading on here, TruFuel and other pre-mix fuels have been mentioned. I went and checked the prices and they are extremely expensive. $20 won't get you a full gallon of mix. That seems outrageous (borderline gouging). What gives? Do those that buy TruFuel really pay that much for pre-mix?

Being that we do not have non-ethanol at a gas station around me. This is the best scenario, as I will not run regular pump ethanol gas in my 2 stroke small engines. Gunks up and destroys the carbs or gunks them up. The trufuel is premixed and non ethanol so it works for me.

Comment

Cost is neglible for my weedeater and leaf blower. I might use 2-3 gallons a year

Comment

If you are using that gas on a regular basis, just keep mixing. I prefer the pre-mix, no ethanol, higher octaine, plus the stabilizers. But I only use my two strokes once a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Cost is neglible for my weedeater and leaf blower. I might use 2-3 gallons a year
          This

Comment

My new blower will not run on anything but premix like tru-fuel (I didn't know that when I bought it) it says only ethanol free with a octane rating of 95 or higher on the unit. Good thing for me that premix is all I run in my weed eater, blower, chainsaw etc. Knock on wood I have not had to make any repairs to any of them yet and a couple of them are several years old. The cost is negligible and I buy the gallon mixes at Wally World for about 15 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
              I have been mixing my own fuel for my Sthil blower, weedeater, and chainsaw for a decade. Never had any issues with this process. While reading on here, TruFuel and other pre-mix fuels have been mentioned. I went and checked the prices and they are extremely expensive. $20 won't get you a full gallon of mix. That seems outrageous (borderline gouging). What gives? Do those that buy TruFuel really pay that much for pre-mix?

I pay 6 or 7 bux a quart but only use like 3 cans all summer in my weedeater. It's worth it to me to know that after sitting all winter my weedeater will start on the first or second pull.

Comment

Yes. It will save you money in the long run.

Comment

I gladly pay the $20/can for Tru-fuel. My string trimmers, chainsaw, blower all run flawlessly on it. By the time you add stabilizer and oil to your ethanol gas, how much have you saved? With that said, I still mix stabilizer in my mower's ethanol gas as I use a lot more of that...year round.

On another note, you guys that have outboard motors on your boat, be sure and not let the ethanol gas sit too long, even if you've added stabilizer. I've seen where it has eaten up the lines and clogged the jets.

Comment

In my opinion TruFuel is a game-changer for homeowner equipment. When I used to mix it myself I would not go through a gallon before it started to get stale. Since I made the switch I have not had those oh-so-frustrating starting problems with a blower/trimmer that had been sitting for a few weeks

Comment

It costs me about $7 roughly to make a gallon of mixed gas. I go through about 10-12 gallons a year. $84 (I mix) vs $240(premix) a year. In 4 years, I could just buy a new saw or blower for the $$$ difference. Now watch, all my gear is going to crap out.

Comment

I used to mix fuel myself. Have an echo weedeater that ran like crap. It always took forever to warm up and run correctly without dying. Started using the ethanol free pre-mix and after running through a couple tanks of pre-mix it started running great! Like others stated, I only use a few gallons a year so the cost is negligible for me. I'd rather have my stuff run right!

Comment

I buy it by the gallon can and pay about $15. It usually last all mowing season. Everything 2 stroke I own I use it. Got fed up with repairing carbs and spending money with them in shop. Ethanol gas is crap!

Comment

If you let one set very long, use the tru fuel. if you run them e very day, mix your own. Run a couple of tanks of tru fuel at the end of the season before you store it. If you have non ethanol gas you can get, run that with stabilizer. I would still put it away after the season with tru fuel though. If you have a boat, my advice is just don't let it sit. Or find non ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                              Same here, but it’s been over 2 decades...
                              I do put a shot of stabil in my 5 gallon jugs, which I use for the 1 gallon mix.
                              I have never had a problem out of any of my 2 strokes. All Stihl...

Comment

Working...
                              X