Looking for work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    This ^^^^^! The kid needs to look for something that might make a living for him later on. Casting bullets ain't it. That would be for a hobby. And a Go Fund Me? Seriously? He seems to have the drive. Something will turn up for him without mooching off people.

Look into some of the shops and garages around town. When I was in HS, I had an after school job at a auto repair shop. I was a flunky, but learned quite a bit. Good luck to you.
    Whoever "awright" is got on my nerves last night with those earlier posts. For the most part, I am lighthearted about everything on here but that was out of line. And I know that I aint no moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
      I like the idea of putting up flyers in the feed store. Thank You!
      When I was your age I worked at a feed store and always had side work hauling hay and watermelons. This is always a good way to get work at ranches and farms. Good luck and don't give up, God always rewards those that put in the effort!!

Comment

When I was 16 I worked at a local carwash. It was fun, honest hard work. Made tips and a hourly rate. When I turned 18 went to work for ups. Been w ups 21yrs now. It's been good.

Comment

I'm still looking for someone in the Humble area. Wish you lived nearby but it's full time work.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
            I'm still looking for someone in the Humble area. Wish you lived nearby but it's full time work.

That would be quite a commute[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
              Don't do this! This type of mentality is ruining America's work ethic.
              you never had one. Note that I said that the go fund me was to START A BIZ? learn to read. $300 to get started in something that will clear 5k per year, for life, aint a bad start for a kid, and he can swiftly repay the folks if desired. I said that, too, but you can't read (obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Im no help but kudos to you for looking for work and wanting to learn. Alot of 15 yr olds just want to sit in the house all day and play video games
                Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. I like how you think, Austin. Keep your chin up and keep looking, something will pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post
                  you never had one. Note that I said that the go fund me was to START A BIZ? learn to read. $300 to get started in something that will clear 5k per year, for life, aint a bad start for a kid, and he can swiftly repay the folks if desired. I said that, too, but you can't read (obviously).
                  He can work 10hrs a week at $10/hr and make $5200/yr. Your idea isnt a good one for this young man.

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post

Dude you have to be an x memeber. You already show to much anger and your threads remind me of pushbutton and EBH combined.

Good luck on here with your great scamming advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to lifeguard and teach swim lessons when I was your age. Pay was great and I got my certifications for free by working for the pool that licensed me. It was great because I could do private lessons and coach on off days. I did it for about 10years, better hours and way more fun that having the “real job” I have now!

Comment

If you are wanting hands on and learning things go into any skilled trades and apply for a job as a helper. Examples plumbers, electricians, carpenters, hvac contractors. All of them have shortages for helpers that want to learn. Most will also help get you your license if you stay with them long enough. Construction is crazy around DFW right now

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          If you are wanting hands on and learning things go into any skilled trades and apply for a job as a helper. Examples plumbers, electricians, carpenters, hvac contractors. All of them have shortages for helpers that want to learn. Most will also help get you your license if you stay with them long enough. Construction is crazy around DFW right now
                          This would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X