do you keep a "go" bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my truck has everything I need in it to survive. If not it has guns and ammo for sure so I will just need to find someone more prepared like you to knock off.
    Thats funny.
    My neighbor asked me...Your a gun guy right? What kind of gun should I get, ya know...if the SHTF?
    I told him stay away from guns, they are dangerous and stock up on gasoline and beer. He asked why that stuff? I said because I'm gonna take it all from you when the S does hit the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Y2K, People who I thought was smart was running around buying up fuel, water and groceries.
      What an ordeal that was! I went to Jitterbugs in Nacogdoches that night and got hammered. Figured if it was all ending at least I'd go out having fun and dancing with some pretty college girls! Lol.

Comment

Ever since Alicia came through I swore that when I got a family I would never have to rely on someone else for the basic necessities of life. So I guess you could say I was a prepper before the word prepper ever existed. But being a prepper is not about getting ready for the end of the world. It’s about being ready for the next event that puts you out of your normal routine. That could be something like a temporary power outage on the simple side to a more complex event like a hurricane. There are LOTS of reasons to be prepared, but I only need 2. My wife and daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          I'm pretty sure my truck has everything I need in it to survive. If not it has guns and ammo for sure so I will just need to find someone more prepared like you to knock off.
          everyone has to have a dream. guys like me wont be out and about in daylight. Do you have night vision with thermal scanning?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Kill the electricity and 50% of America woukd be dead in 30 days.
            no, but 10-20% sure would

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              Words from someone who lived through it, sort of, war torn home country. He said that cigarettes and booze stocked up and you can barter for anything you need.
              under such circumstances, people are too likely to just kill you and take all your goodies, cause they've got nothing to offer in trade.

Comment

I've got water, fire starter, and my space blanket.

Comment

No need for me to keep a "go bag". She left 28 years ago.

Comment

nope

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I can be ready to go to the moon in 10 minutes, and I can be ready to shoot 50 MF'ers in my yard in less than one.

Fill your go bag with steak and whiskey and come to my house.....call 1st tho!

If you spot a black dodge coming in hot with a big dirt trail flying up behind it hold your fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m going to stay put if anything happens. I’ve got a fireplace and propane tank for heat/cooking. Plenty of wild game and cows on the ranch across the fence. Ammo to last a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post
                          I have 2 (of sorts) one is a non-shtf bag, some sort of storm, fire, etc, but temporary and local. There's no such thing as a crisis without pos's trying to prey on people and property, so NVD goggles, the passive IR scanner. the soft armor and solar charger get added to the "basic kit" (ie, cover, water carrier and treatment, extra clothing, l lb of food, a quart of water, E tool, saw blades, Crunch multitooll, cordage, pack, fire-kit, etc.) I EDC a pistol, spare mag of ammo, a folder, and a AA light. So that's all going along. Total about 24 lbs, including the personal documents.

then there's the "end of the world" additions, the rifle, ammo, sling, bipod, scope, 3 more lbs of food, 2 qts more water, etc, which is another 20 lbs.
                          Wife has her basic bag, and her EDC pistol. She's petite, so that's all she can handle. When her daughter gets here from Phills, the moutainbike will have to go along, with about another 70 lbs added to the 30 lbs that will be coming off of my back, the rifle spring-clamped to the handlebars, while we walk alongside of it, and push it. Maybe one of us can rest and coast on the downhills. Kid needs a bike anyway and there's no need to go very far, just out of this floodplain to where the caches are.
                          You might want to put together a few IFAKs, or at least a decent boo-boo kit.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy
                            Nah
                            Knowing how to truly survive ain't that easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            I always heard The Almighty One takes cares of drunks and fools, I tend to believe it. I have met people in my life that I cannot figger out how they still alive.

Comment

everyone has to have a dream. guys like me wont be out and about in daylight. Do you have night vision with thermal scanning?
                              No thermal but i have digital and I'm not a real prepper. Alot of folks have digital and lower end night vision. I wouldn't worry about them too much. Hell I'm a decent shot, ive shot a few competitions etc and i wouldnt worry about me. we still have folks fighting overseas those guys that have been in combat (alot are pretty fresh out and still in a good fighting age, even the grumpy old Vietnam vet thats been through that)are the ones i wanna be on my side not the one who dreams of a meltdown so he can play out the scenarios plenty of our military has already been through for some reason? I prepare for hurricanes, etc normal stuff and keep basic gear like a pistol,ammo, knife, few tools, snacks, water, medical etc in my truck like most any other outdoorsman.
                              There's a level of being prepared that's normal but the extreme prepping is just a paranoia imo.

Comment

no, but 10-20% sure would
                                It is MUCH higher than that.

During a 30 day power outage for the whole country, as an example, water will stop flowing once the back up power system for the city water pumps is exhausted. Sewage will start to back up within a week. Depending on the time of year, with a lack of water, lots of people will die from either hypothermia or heat stroke. Those who rely on electricity for medical reasons will die off rather quickly. Those who rely on medications to live will die off as soon as their prescriptions run out.

Most experts state that 90% to 95% of the population would be dead after just one year.

Comment

Working...
                                X