No announcement yet.

Type of arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Gold Tip Kinetic Kaos series. They have a decent weight and shoot very well. They are considerably less expensive than the Platinum series also. Great hunting arrow

Comment

Type of arrows

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter. Surprised to see no one else else shoots Carbon Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Black eagle carnivores

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
          Gold Tip Hunter XT

Comment

Easton Axis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot Easton Axis for many years, but switched to Injexions this year. Really liking them.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                Carbon Express Maxima Hunter. Surprised to see no one else else shoots Carbon Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Carbon Express Meyhem Hunter DS

Comment

Black Eagle Renegade

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I'm a far cry from an expert. I was looking at building a 524 grain with a 15% FOC - by my calculation, but was thinking that I needed a 250 spline. 300 was the lowest I saw on the Gold tip. What weight are you pulling?
                    Here is what I know. The charts are VERY conservative when it comes to static spine, even the ballistic programs are very conservative. I believe it is because it is very hard, and expensive, to test dynamic spine; so they just fudge to a stiffer spine. I could be wrong, but based on my many years in archery and based on what every person I know who shoots high FOC has said, this tends to be true.

I shoot .300 spine in my set up, 225 gr up front out of 68 pound bow with 28 inch arrows. There is no way this charts to the "ideal" spine. But it works, as well as .340 spine and .400 spine arrows that I worked up last year, maybe the year before last, but whatever. The point is, multiple spines tuned and shot lights out out of my bow. I never "felt" it was too weak or that I was in danger of breaking an arrow on the release, but that's just a feeling, no hard evidence.

Ranch Fairy and others routinely shoot .300 spine with massive FOC and they all tune well.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not telling you to go buy some .500 spine and stack a bunch of weight up front, but it might work.

There is nothing wrong with going to a .250 spine as there is no such thing as overspined for an arrow; you just have to work harder to get it to fly right, but it will fly right eventually.

I just tuned my wife's bow today to shoot Gold Tip 30X plus shafts, they are .150 spine, 26 inches out of a 50 pound bow; and they fly like darts. We barshafted it out to 30 yards!

If you want to go .250 I suggest the Black Eagle, they are the lightest for that size I have found.

BTW, it spine, not spline; splines are what are on the end of your transmission's input shaft!

I say all that to say this; you will be fine with .300 spine, but go with Black Eagle if you want .250 spine as they are lighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X