No announcement yet.

My burger needs help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What temp. Make your patties like a donut about 1/2 to 3/4 in thick with a hole in the middle and whatever you do don't smash them with a spatula to get the juices out That's what makes a good burger.

Comment

I love mine mixed with beef fat, 10%

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
        Let them rest and they won’t squirt
        Winner!!

Comment

That’s just flavor squirting out. If no one has got sick off them keep doing it that way. I make mine 70/30 venison bacon and only cook them medium at most.

Comment

Try adding a little bit of flour to the meat before making them into patties. I do this to help hold the meat together and retain some moisture. Instead of juice squirting out, it should adhere to the party when cooking. Worth a shot anyway

Comment

Stop smashing them.

Comment

Go 2/3 venison and 1/3 I trimmed brisket.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  That’s just flavor squirting out. If no one has got sick off them keep doing it that way. I make mine 70/30 venison bacon and only cook them medium at most.
                  I think I will go heavier on the venison this year. Actually, I'm not sure if it was 50% or 60% pork. I will take notes this year.

No one has every gotten sick, and the middle isn't too red, just a light pink. It's so weird, that even though I smash them, poked them with an ice pick, and let them rest, the issue persists. It was kind of funny that tonight's burger exploded after all the prodding. Next week I'll get the some pictures out.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

The most I’ve ever added was 25% fat(bacon ends, beef fat, or pork fat) and folks love my meat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                      Ok, I need help with cooking my burgers on the grill. The ground meat is half whitetail and half pork. I make 9 ounce patties, well seasoned and cooked on the grill at a medium heat. I cook them for 3 minutes then a quarter turn for 3 minutes, flip for 3 minutes and lastly a quarter turn for the last 3 minutes. During the last 3, I puncture the burgers with an ice pick to let out the excess juice that is red. I also push down the patties with a spatula, to let out more of the red juice. The burgers look and taste awesome when put on a brioche bun with other fixin's.

The problem is that a lot of red juice/blood squirts out when you take a bite. What's up with that? I have had this issue for years. Is this operator error or is it in the deer processing?

Thanks in advance
                      there is too much water in the meat when frozen,, thaw the meat drain in a strainer and dab several times with good paper towels to remove some of the excess water

also instead of pork,use plain hamburger meat in the mix,, it tastes much better than the sausage taste of pork and deer for burgers
                      Last edited by xman59; 09-24-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Don’t poke the meat and don’t press it down. Your going to have to cook that pork till it hits the right temp (165 I think). I use the same method but I add some beef to it and make it 1/3 of each. Helps with the drying out while the pork cooks. Never done this part, but could you brown the pork down just a little and then add the whitetail later, make the patties and then cook?

Comment

Juicy burgers

Try doing 1/2 venison, 1/4 pork, and 1/4 beef. That should take care of the extra juice.

Comment

The red juice is not blood. You just need to coo it a little longer and let the patty rest longer.

One other thing...what is this about french buns??? Get outta here!!!

If you think that a brioche bun makes for a perfect burger, you're sadly mistaken: They're actually anything but ideal.

Comment

I mix my venison 70/30 with bacon ends and pieces and make burgers with that. Have you tried pushing your thumb in the middle? The small indention keeps them from puffing up when you cook them. Then stop flipping them so much and let em cook and rest. Trial and error with enough beer and you’ll figure it out.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X