Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeder decisions. Anyone used these? Feedback appreciated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No big deal just trying to help. It is a stand n fill also pretty much.

GOod luck.

I like the AllSeasons if had to pick

Comment

That HB seems to be the most rugged built of the bunch. We have a Texas Hunter, which is a good feed, just keep the hogs away. They're not strong enough to take the abuse hogs can inflict on them. No experience with the All Season.

Comment

Leaning between the AS 600 and an HB 400 right now. Like the plate under the HB 400. Might be the deciding factor for me. who knows...

Comment

I like the looks of that HB feeder. Looks to be built to withstand hogs and cattle. I have a place now that I have not put a feeder at yet because if cows and I don't know if I want to build another pen. I wonder if that HB would work?

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy88 View Post
            Leaning between the AS 600 and an HB 400 right now. Like the plate under the HB 400. Might be the deciding factor for me. who knows...
            I personally will not get another stand n fill WITHOUT a plate similar to the HB feeder that makes all the corn fall to the outside of the feeder instead of under it

Comment

I purchased an HB 650 EZ Reach last year. What I liked about the feeder vs the rest was the sloped plates under the spinner. All corn that spills off the spinner slides down the plates and outside the feeder.

I will be purchasing another one.

[Img]747631[/img]
              Coons like to try and get the corn but no dice.
              Attached Files

Comment

Also if you are looking at the HB 400 the HB 650 is only $100 more not a bad jump considering.

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy88 View Post
                  How often do you fill feeders? You can get another 200 pounds in the all seasons. If your place is a long way out, I'd spend the money and get a HB 600. The extra $100 will pay for itself on saved trips to fill it.

Comment

Personally if I was buying that style I would do the Easy Fill by Krivoman. Mitch makes great products.

Out of the 3 listed, I have never been impressed at all by anything Texas Hunters Products makes, would not even be an option for me. I would pick the All Seasons over the HB for capacity without a doubt. That is far less times to fill it especially during season.

I believe you would regret staying at 400# down the road when you were already spending the money and could have went bigger.

Comment

K-r-i-v-o-m-a-n!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        I personally will not get another stand n fill WITHOUT a plate similar to the HB feeder that makes all the corn fall to the outside of the feeder instead of under it
                        Definitely a plus! And a good point for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post
                          Also if you are looking at the HB 400 the HB 650 is only $100 more not a bad jump considering.
                          Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't looked at the 650 yet. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                            How often do you fill feeders? You can get another 200 pounds in the all seasons. If your place is a long way out, I'd spend the money and get a HB 600. The extra $100 will pay for itself on saved trips to fill it.
                            Fortunately, this feeder will be 8 miles from my house. So, no real worries on cost of trips.

Comment

Just to correct everyone HB makes a 400, 650, 1000 lb feeders.

All season makes a 300, 600, 1000, 2000 lb feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgleaton View Post
                                K-r-i-v-o-m-a-n!
                                Anyone know if Mitch's products are sold in the Junction area?

Reason I ask is I will be there this weekend. Would like to look at one of his and the HB. I've looked at the AllSeasons before.

Comment

Working...
                                X