New to bow hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to bow hunting

Sup guys I'm new to archery and I just got my first bow. It's a diamond provider RAK. I took it to bass pro shop and got it sighted in at 20 yards, what advice would you all give to a new bowhunter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re doing good. Keep shooting. ��

Comment

Best I advice I can give is learn the right way from the beginning. Pay more attention to for and proper shooting than where you arrow hits right now. Once you develop muscle memory with proper form from repetitive shooting, then you can start focusing on the rest. There are a lot of good online sources for proper form. Read and start off right. It is way easier than trying to fix bad habits.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

You like to talk archery? Well this might not be the site for you - ironically.

Comment

no advice, but welcome in

Comment

Practice practice practice. The most common mistake beginning bow hunters make is developing bad habits and buying too many gadgets. Learn to shoot your equipment properly and with proper form, but most importantly have fun.

Comment

Don't just practice standing up at 20 yds. Get up in a tree, ground blind, sitting in a chair, kneeling, etc.

As far as the actual hunting part...that could take weeks to discuss!

Play the wind. If the wind is wrong, don't hunt the stand. Have multiple stands at each site for different winds if possible. Wind is the key. Bad wind equals no deer or nervous deer. Both suck. Don't take a shot that's not dang near perfect (broadside or slightly quartered away animal, within your comfortable range, relaxed animal that's not looking at you, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                You like to talk archery? Well this might not be the site for you - ironically.
                He's asking for advice..You don't like to talk about Bowhunting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Learn to tune,and work on your bow yourself.There will come a time you'll have to...When you find a release you like buy two or three of em!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    He's asking for advice..You don't like to talk about Bowhunting?

Smh

Comment

Fight the urge to crank your limbs down. Guys often get caght up in the need for speed. Shoot a weight that you can comfortably draw and hold without raising the bow over your head. This will pay off big time when you do start trying to shoot at an animal. Shoot often but not to the point that you get sloppy. Try to make every draw, anchor, sight picture, release and follow through the same. If you get tired and your form falls off, take a break. Pay attention to your arrows, weights, spine, heads and broadheads. Shoot what flies best from your bow. Tons of information out there, use the search feature to find it, or just ask. Despite what else you will learn here, many of us still love archery.

Welcome to the fire and to the addiction that is bowhunting!

Comment

As a fairly new bow hunter myself, I’ve found that when I try to make my first shot my most important one of practice then I only go up from there. Focus on making the first shot you take each day to be the most accurate, as it will be the most important and only chance you get in the field. So do your best to be consistent as possible. Consistency is a big key in being accurate. Always know your anchor point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just go shoot something lots of tracking dogs on here

Comment

Don't get in a tree without a harness. Keep practicing, you're doing fine.

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                              just go shoot something lots of tracking dogs on here
                              😂😂

Comment

Working...
                              X