Predator hunting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator hunting ?

The predator shoes on TV seem to use white lights to identify game. The coyotes I hunt will run from white lights most of the time. What lights do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Comment

Red LED or light with red filter. Tried green LED and seemed to bright and animals spooked.

Comment

Red works for us.

Comment

I use red also - we have tried the green, not a huge fan - jacks with my eyes

Comment

Green for me and the son's.

Comment

Red and white.

Comment

Red and white. Have killed foxes, bobcats, and coyotes all under white light. Killed em all under red light as well. But I will say after getting a GOOD quality red light that is all I have been using lately. But the ole lightforce that you can shoot out to 1000 yards with sure does make it easy to kill them ones that hang up at 250-300 yards. Just light their butts up and let em have it. Wouldn't even think about making that shot with my old red lights even with my nice red lights wouldn't think about shooting that far.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  Red and white. Have killed foxes, bobcats, and coyotes all under white light. Killed em all under red light as well. But I will say after getting a GOOD quality red light that is all I have been using lately. But the ole lightforce that you can shoot out to 1000 yards with sure does make it easy to kill them ones that hang up at 250-300 yards. Just light their butts up and let em have it. Wouldn't even think about making that shot with my old red lights even with my nice red lights wouldn't think about shooting that far.
                  Yup this is what I do. Scan with the red and light em up with the white. Can see a lot better with the cross hairs on their forehead with a white light.

Comment

Either red or white but never shine them direct. I shine the main beam a bit over any of the animals and it seems to help a lot

Comment

We've been using green for a few years and haven't had any issues with it until they start working in close. Whoever is shining usually tries to keep the critter on the edge of the light rather than right in the beam to avoid scaring it. Haven't ever had a quality red light before. Just a red lens on a spot light.

Comment

We always use red for scan then green for kill lights. Used white once and it spooked the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X