Terrell co draw hunt on private lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrell co draw hunt on private lands

Anyone ever been on the Terrell county private lands draw hunt??

Just got drawn for it. Looking forward to the hunt.

Jeff

I drew the January hunt there myself.Not much info so far. It looks like they use these hunts to keep the culls killed of from the little I can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve hunted there before. It’s a huge ranch, around 38k acres. It will be a guided hunt. It’s a management hunt, so don’t expect to kill a monster. The guide will determine which deer will be a management deer you can shoot. When I hunted, i shot a cull buck and a doe. I had the option to shoot a javelina as well but I didn’t want to skin and quarter it.

It’s out in the middle of no where so I would suggest to call or email and them and stay on the ranch. There’s a few different bunk houses available, some are nicer than others but they’re reasonably priced, and beat having to travel to town.

I would suggest bringing food and water with you as it’s a long drive to any grocery store or restaurant. The house I stayed in was nicely furnished, had a full kitchen and cable TV.

It’s a beautiful ranch with lots of deer. They even have some exotics and elk, although you won’t be able to shoot one. The owner and guides are great people and will do all they can to get you your deer. They really want the hunters to help control the population.

I keep putting in for it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by aggee1992 View Post
        Anyone ever been on the Terrell county private lands draw hunt??

Just got drawn for it. Looking forward to the hunt.

Jeff
        Which days did you get drawn for? I got drawn for October 14-16.

Comment

we got nov.4-6. I think it will be a fun hunt. good luck.

jeff

Comment

Originally posted by aggee1992 View Post
            we got nov.4-6. I think it will be a fun hunt. good luck.

jeff
            Good luck to you as well. Just got word that my rifle should be done in time for this hunt as well. Hopefully my TBH build from APR will get some early work done in its life.

Comment

Working...
            X