Pathological Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    Well, that makes the one I dealt with years ago a compulsive pathological liar.
    I have a relative that is one and the same.

Comment

My sister's BIL came back from the Marines, he was stationed in Japan. He told everyone he was in combat, medical discharge, etc... He was always the guy that listened to rap music, wore his hat backwards, basically acted like a thug wannabe. Found out he failed a drug test multiple times and was removed from the marines. I rarely hung out with him, but we did run around a few towns and party (early 20s). I met him several years later and he was a straight up cowboy haha. We ended up working together, and he would tell on lie after another. Sometimes he would tell me a story that he said happened to him, but it was something I did and he was there when I did it. We actually had a step-brothers type interview, and he told the guy we were interviewing with that he and I were roping champs back home. He even had belt buckles made, to cover the story. I know for a fact he had never ridden a horse at that point. His wife still thinks that we were team roping champs, 10 years later. She is also under the impression that he and I were in "war" together. I have never been in the military. Ever. He is a good provider for his family, and I like to think that he realizes how all those lies add up over time. I have seen him a few times over the years, and he has done fairly well for himself, so I still hold out hope haha

Edit: I believe he actually learned to rope, because his wife is from a ranching family. haha, so there is a silver lining there.
      Last edited by GatorBait; 03-12-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

[quote=Martin;13225591]
        Originally posted by DWA View Post
        I hate that every guy from Vietnam I meet was a sniper.

My nephew WAS a sniper, two tours in Iraq. He never tells anyone.
        We call that being a quiet professional. Thank your nephew for his service.

Been around toppers and liars much longer than I have cared to be but I guess that is part of the job. Hell most of time its just comical.

Comment

I’m 99.9% sure one of my SILs is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            Had a neighbor for a little while that I only hung out with once because of his stories. We had just moved in to our first home in Cypress and some neighbors down at the end of the street were having a party. We walked down to introduce ourselves and were met by the owner who immediately started telling some pretty tall tales. What this dude didn't know was that I am a die hard baseball guy, even played all 4 years of college. He goes on to say that he was a 2nd round draft pick, starting shortstop blah blah blah. Then he said that he ran a 3.2 home to first. I said really? Cause that would be faster than Michael Bourn (this was 9 years ago FYI). I said where did you play your college ball? He says UofH. I said oh yeah, when did you play? He says 2004-2006. I said oh cool, by the way, do you know a guy named Brad Lincoln? NOPE, CAN'T SAY I DO.

Brad and I grew up playing together and are still friends to this day. He was the 4th overall pick in the 1st round of the 2006 draft out of UofH... and you don't know him even though you played with him for 3 years.

We never hung out again lol.
            Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Just talked to Brad .. he says he doesn't know you..but knows your neighbor pretty well.
            LMAO.........

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I used to know somebody like that, but he got sent off, by the CIA, to assassinate the head of a foreign government and was ambushed by aboriginal warrior women who then tortured him for weeks before he was able to escape by riding a tree trunk over a waterfall and hiking back to the US where he had to sneak into the country posing as a foreign diplomat, where he was mistakenly taken to the White House where he was asked to represent the government as an undercover agent at the ACE Hardware.....where he still works.
              "I used to work for the CIA" is my tipping point for pathological liars.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Just talked to Brad .. he says he doesn't know you..but knows your neighbor pretty well.
                hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  "I used to work for the CIA" is my tipping point for pathological liars.
                  Yeah. A friend introduced me to a guy he had met. After we talked for a while, and he "trusted" me, he started telling me about being a spook. I just looked at my friend. When I got up to get another beer (we were camping), my friend followed me. He said "what was that look for?" I said this guy is full of ****. My friend goes, what, you don't believe him about being a spook? I told my buddy, spooks don't tell people they are spooks. Some people.

Comment

I’ve never met a girl from POC that was sane, sounds like a normal girl for that town...
                    Well you know what they call three girls walking into Madden's on a Saturday night, right?

A full set of teeth.

Comment

I don't have any friends like that, but they do!!!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Worked with a guy we called Wagon Wheel. Because he's been through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Worked with a guy we called Wagon Wheel. Because he's been through it.
                          Pretty sure I knew the guy that invented it.

Comment

Guy in high school was always a one upper. Anything, and I mean anything, that you did he had done bigger and better than you. Now we are all in our 30s and he is still the same way. He is always the owner of a restaurant that he cooks at or the bar that he bartends at. Whenever we ask him why he keeps switching jobs when he owns these businesses he tells us that he was bought out and starting his new venture. Whenever you ask the people at said restaurant or bar they tell you that the owner got fed up with his crap and fired him. My buddy's dad described him perfectly: he is just a storyteller.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              If someone says it is related to the size of your feet, they're a durn liar!

I have size 15 feet. I know.
                              You have a 15 footer?

Hi Randy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                                Well you know what they call three girls walking into Madden's on a Saturday night, right?

A full set of teeth.
                                And they're wearing POC ropers

Comment

Working...
                                X