No announcement yet.

Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWSSR and I partnered up and built this 66 Chevelle SS... I got it as a parts car, mostly in boxes and missing the original 396 and 4-speed. Minor upgrades included a 468 roller, T-400, 4.10 gears, and 29.5x10.5's. She was heavy little girl @ 3650, but she was never afraid to wake up the neighbors or stand up and be counted.
    Attached Files

Comment

You can buy a Superbird that the EPA used to run.

Comment

I bet that car brings 150k plus at Barrett Jackson.

Comment

My neighbor has every mustang from 65 to 72 bone stock, along with a few Chevys just sitting in tall grass behind his house, he said they all ran when he parked them a long time ago. He said he is going to do something with them one day but he isn't. He won't get rid of them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            I bet that car brings 150k plus at Barrett Jackson.
            I can't believe that someone bought it from the gov't for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
              I can't believe that someone bought it from the gov't for $500.
              That was in the 70's when all muscle cars were cheap. a lot could be brought for under $1500.It was not until the late 80's when those prices started to go up.

Comment

1964 GTO Post

Considered by some to be the first "musclecar".
                Attached Files

Comment

1966 gto

Considered by me to be the best looking GTO of all time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                    My dad's 62
                    [ATTACH]635500[/ATTACH]
                    327/300hp NOM
                    I believe it had a frame off resto at some point.
                    My favorite corvette. Beautiful car.

Comment

This is our project now. This is my fathers 69 short wheel base Chevy Pickup. I consider this a muscle truck. He has given it to my son Aaron for his first vehicle. Aaron is currently 14 and we are starting the work to get it the way he wants it (within reason). My ol man had a 454 in this for many many years and used it to pull his race car, but pulled it and sold it about ten years ago and dumped in a weak little 305 crate motor for fuel costs savings. It needs to go back to its glory days!!! SO......I picked up this 454 last week for a song (119k miles on it, complete, and only paid $115) We are rebuilding the engine now. Aaron spent the summer rebuilding a disc brake front end off of a mid 80's truck to put under it. We went to a swap meet and bought a new windshield, all the weatherstrip, and a gas tank from a blazer to move it out of the cab.

P.S. I need a set of good oval port closed chamber cylinder heads. a set of 215's would be ideal. Got any????

Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	24457773

Name:	truck2.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24457774

Name:	454.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	24457775

Comment

i enjoyed looking at all these fine cars.
                        I don't have any pics but my first car was a 69 Z/28 camaro. It was numbers matching with the 302 motor.
                        I'll never forget that car.

Comment

All of these killer rides make me want to go back to my roots and find my first vehicle. A '51 Ford pickup. I am seriously thinking about finding myself an old truck to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
                            i enjoyed looking at all these fine cars.
                            I don't have any pics but my first car was a 69 Z/28 camaro. It was numbers matching with the 302 motor.
                            I'll never forget that car.
                            Drool. 69Z's were awesome. I had a 68 in college (350 4spd). I think about it often. This truck project is helping with the itch relief.

Comment

High School car.... I really miss this car. I've had others fast cars , but I miss this one the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Nice! Is that a 70-71 duster in the back? And is it for sale?

Yes sir that's what it is but its NOT for sale. Dad has always done lots for us over the years so we found that for him a few years back. He had one like it just after high school except his old one was a 4 speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X