No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I saw last year they were everywhere. Flats, open, brush, and water. Theyre tough animals I stuck three there last year but no luck finding them.

Comment

You stuck three???? wow. I didn't even see one. What unit were you hunting?

Comment

I hope I get a shot opportunity this year. A Nilgai bow kill is one of my hunting goals.

125 grain Swhackers are ready. ;-)

*T-Bolt*
        Hunt, Shoot, Drag...

Comment

I'm hoping for a nilgai my self but I'll take another doe given the opertunity!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
            You stuck three???? wow. I didn't even see one. What unit were you hunting?
            Yes sir I sure did and thats because I missed another. My bro "nannyslammer" and I were in 6 but we were pretty dang far back in there. We never saw another person until we got closer to the truck. We had alot of fun I'm headed down Wednesday to get our permits. Woohoo!! My goal this time is to actually bring one down with the bow. I shot a bill on the gun hunt last year ad just got him back from taxi. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343237240.792049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24097212

Comment

We averaged seeing about 20-30 nilgai per day over three days and only saw maybe 5 whitetail and not one hog.

Comment

im hoping for a nilgai with gun this year.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                  im hoping for a nilgai with gun this year.
                  Have you ever been drawn for gun hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                    Have you ever been drawn for gun hunt?
                    Nope but hoping I get picked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                      Nope but hoping I get picked this year.
                      Well I tell you one thing it's nothing like bowhunting it. I thought yeah we are gonna be smoking nilgai like crazy. Yeah that didn't happen only saw four and that's because we just stumbled upon them. I'd be willing to bet that the archery hunts produce more animals than the gun. There was only two nilgai and a couple deer when we checked out from the gun hunt.

Comment

Wow. I know they are spooky and have good noses, so well see. I just hope I get picked first.

Comment

They also see color and you have to have hunter orange on and it's like a flashing light for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                            Yes sir I sure did and thats because I missed another. My bro "nannyslammer" and I were in 6 but we were pretty dang far back in there. We never saw another person until we got closer to the truck. We had alot of fun I'm headed down Wednesday to get our permits. Woohoo!! My goal this time is to actually bring one down with the bow. I shot a bill on the gun hunt last year ad just got him back from taxi. [ATTACH]367818[/ATTACH]
                            Thats nice that u never saw any other hunters I was bedded down in the woods one day and had to get up cuz one guy started setting up a tripod 10 feet behind me and on the forth day mid day to boot!!!!

Comment

just printed out my application. ive been wanting to do this for a long time. good chance of gettin in if i mail it on aug 1st? Or can someone actually sign me up down there? i mean, that is my home town. Can i have a relative go down and sign me up?

Comment

You can have someone sign you up I'm going down and signing my bro's up. The only thing is that there is a long line if your not there early enough. Don't know how your relatives would like to stand in line with 100 degree weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X