Caprock canyons aoudad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprock canyons aoudad?

Thinking about going trying for the standby spot at Caprock this January. If I happen to get lucky and get in for the hunt what would yall suggest as far as where to hunt, and any tips you got would be appreciated. I have a tent and a good sleeping bag and a good pack, and am in decent enough shape to climb the hills so just need the intel and I will be ready to go.

I've seen aoudad in just about every part of the park except for the flat pasture at the entrance where the buffalo roam. The rest of the park is very rough, and that's what aoudad like. The park rangers will tell you where they've been seeing them lately. If you get to hunt, just listen to them.

It's ROUGH. Pack plenty of water and wear out your boots.

Comment

Work the fence lines near private property

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        I've seen aoudad in just about every part of the park except for the flat pasture at the entrance where the buffalo roam. The rest of the park is very rough, and that's what aoudad like. The park rangers will tell you where they've been seeing them lately. If you get to hunt, just listen to them.

It's ROUGH. Pack plenty of water and wear out your boots.
        I was planning on hauling a gallon of water and 2 gatorades, with 2 snickers and 2 trail mix packs for lunch with some mt house or ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast and supper. I figure it will be similar to hunting up at Meredith or hiking around Palo Duro, so I think I can handle that part. Do you know if they let you camp in the park and if they do what is the cost of camping there per night?

But this is assuming I get a chance to hunt.

Comment

Working...
        X