Used Car Value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Car Value ?

I'm starting to look for a decent used first car for my daughter who will be driving soon. I've been shopping around & Im using 3 different car value resources to determine retail value via private party. I use Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, & NADA. I always notice NADA seems to show much higher retail value over KBB & Edmunds. Is there a better resource out there or of these 3 which are most accurate to go by? Thanks

I've bought all mine using Edmunds feature that tells 'what you should pay'. I just walk in and offer them that.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      I'm starting to look for a decent used first car for my daughter who will be driving soon. I've been shopping around & Im using 3 different car value resources to determine retail value via private party. I use Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, & NADA. I always notice NADA seems to show much higher retail value over KBB & Edmunds. Is there a better resource out there or of these 3 which are most accurate to go by? Thanks
      Yes. Search for the car you are interested in on car selling websites, newspapers, dealerships, etc. That will give you the price you should expect to pay. Car value websites are based on theoretical values.

Comment

Originally posted by staplehawk View Post
        I've bought all mine using Edmunds feature that tells 'what you should pay'. I just walk in and offer them that.
        There's a big gap from what I've seen. I found a 2007 Corolla listed at $6800 from private seller. KBB shows $4700-5200, Edmunds shows $3500, & NADA shows clean retail at $6700.

Comment

Working...
        X