Victoria County Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria County Bucks

Set out game camera out on 7-8-17, pulled the card a week later and wanted to share a few pictures. We're getting some consistent activity at the feeders and our place has been getting some pretty good rain over the past few months so should be interesting to see how some of these bucks finish out as well as what new deer show up

Ranch is near Victoria/Jackson county line

Looks like that one has a stopped up gland.

Comment

Nice deer. I don't know if you have hunted the area much but if you haven't and your place is South of Hwy 59, be prepared for the deer to be in full rut opening weekend. If your North of 59 they can still be in rut opening but they tend to hit full rut around the middle to end of October but the beginning of November can be good also. Every year I have lot's of bucks hitting the feeders before the season but about 2 weeks before opener they basically stop hitting the feeders with any consistency due to the rut. As you can see on Oct. 11th last year this buck was in full rut. Good luck this season
      Attached Files

Comment

good lookin deer. good luck this season

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          Nice deer. I don't know if you have hunted the area much but if you haven't and your place is South of Hwy 59, be prepared for the deer to be in full rut opening weekend. If your North of 59 they can still be in rut opening but they tend to hit full rut around the middle to end of October but the beginning of November can be good also. Every year I have lot's of bucks hitting the feeders before the season but about 2 weeks before opener they basically stop hitting the feeders with any consistency due to the rut. As you can see on Oct. 11th last year this buck was in full rut. Good luck this season
          We are South of 59 and property boarders Garcitas Creek. first two weeks of bow season we see a lot of rutting action, and then again first couple weeks of November. Should be a good season from the pictures we are seeing can't wait for it to get here

Comment

Working...
          X