The yellow jacket BH target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The yellow jacket BH target

I have read a lot of reviews about this target. I hunt all year long, as do most of us, so I rarely shoot field tips any more and always practice with a broadhead.

I have owned two yellow jacket BH only targets and I absolutely love them. Sure, they sometimes leave a sticky substance on your arrow, but this crap comes off with one scrape of your finger nail. After multiple shots in the same hole, bits of the target innards will sometimes come out. But they are a cost effective option when comparing them to the more expensive targets.

I have read other reviews where people will say that the target does not hold together well after shot multiple times with BHs. The truth is, you are attaching a razor sharp killing machine (designed to inflict as much carnage as possible when it hits) to your arrow. Don't be surprised when the BH that you choose tears your target up. I think it's a good testament to your BH's performance. Because our practice points are dull yet they still tear targets up.

All in all, all I'm saying is dont be afraid to buy these cheap targets. I have had great results from them.

ive shot the same one for 2 years straight....never,ever,ever shoot a FP into one!....itll have shoe prints on it because you have to stand on it to pull your arrow out!

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
      ive shot the same one for 2 years straight....never,ever,ever shoot a FP into one!....itll have shoe prints on it because you have to stand on it to pull your arrow out!
      NO DOUBT!!!

After they've been shot to hell, you can shoot field points in them without leaving shoe prints.

Comment

Have always wondered why they indicate "broadhead only" on those targets. Now I know. I was thinking of purchasing one and shooting field points into it as well. Thanks!

My brother has one of the pricey Rinehart models with a replaceable core. Even those start to release slivers of target when shot up in the same area. So I would not worry about that too much, broadheads are gonna tear stuff up.

Comment

I've got the Yellow Jacket target. It's a decent broadhead target. And mostly that is what I use it for. I've abused mine. Honestly, I will get another.

And yeah I've shot fieldpoints into mine since it was new. I can pull them out without too much effort because I'm a mutant. It's funny as heck when someone comes over to practice with me. I shoot a few. Pull my arrows. Let them shoot a few and watch them cuss the target.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
            I've got the Yellow Jacket target. It's a decent broadhead target. And mostly that is what I use it for. I've abused mine. Honestly, I will get another.

And yeah I've shot fieldpoints into mine since it was new. I can pull them out without too much effort because I'm a mutant. It's funny as heck when someone comes over to practice with me. I shoot a few. Pull my arrows. Let them shoot a few and watch them cuss the target.
            I could have used your mutant strength the other day new target new better, but did it any way. Thought I was going to have to cut my arrow out

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
              learned to use a bar of soap on the arrow before shots.

Will not buy another one.
              Too light, will blow out of a pick up bed.
              can only use BH or you have to have a mutant pull your arrows or soap
              can not take a lot of shots
              they start to separate from heat. Glue comes apart and you have to wrap it in duck tape.

Or spend 30 bucks more on a block with none of the issues above.

Comment

I guess maybe they have changed them, but the one I owned was the biggest piece of you know what I have ever seen and so was the second one they sent me. Neither lasted over 30 shots before they fell apart! I will not buy anything that is made by that company again.

Comment

Working...
                X