It's official, I'M finally a bowhunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official, I'M finally a bowhunter

My story begins 5 years ago when I met my lovely wife. Right away, we had a problem. I was a serious rifle hunter and she was an accomplished 3D archer and hunter, with many awards and animals to her credit. Sure I had messed around with bows early in life, but a crow had flown away with my only loosed arrow. What better way to start a relationship than buying a bow myself and shooting together. Well, time moved on and together we shot and hunted together. In 2006, we married and I could not have found a better friend, lover, and hunting partner for life. That same year, I was determined to get my first bowkill under my belt. I ended up wounding an 8pt. management buck (I shot too high Jimborambo). Well, I learned my lesson to always aim low. By the way, the buck survived my errant shot. I kept trying to get my first deer, but opportunities were few and far between. December 26, 2008 turned out to be my day. My wife and I sat together in an Eastman tent with the intention of her videoing if my opportunity presented itself. 30 minutes after getting in the blind several does arrived and my time was now. AIM LOW I kept telling myself. I picked out an older doe and let her have it. She piled up 75 yards away within sight. I took her with a Bowtech Tribute and Rage broadhead. After waiting so long for my first bowkill, the best part was sharing it with my lovely wife behind the camera. Thanks honey, for all the support. We make a great team and I look forward to many more hunts together. It's official, I'm finally a bowhunter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0461 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24751692

Name:	100_0462 (Medium).JPG
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24751693

Name:	100_0463 (Medium).JPG
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	24751694

Congrats on your first bow kill, it sure is a rush

So did your wife shoot anything this year?

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
      So did your wife shoot anything this year?
      Just saw your other thread

Comment

congrats

Comment

Great job...Congrats on the bow kill.

Comment

Cool, good job. Feels good don't it? Congrats on the kill. BowTech puts another one down.

Comment

welcome to the club!!!!

Comment

cograts good bow kill youre hooked

Comment

way to get it done, good job!

Comment

Awesome! Great Bow too.

Comment

Welcome to bow hunting!!! congrats!

Comment

Good job....congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Man, you were a bowhunter the first time you hunted with a bow! Congrats on your first buck though!!!

Comment

Can't wait to join you in the 1st kill club. Congratulations and great pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X