Deer processing near Shiner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer processing near Shiner?

I am moving to Shiner from Victoria. Is there any meat processor near Shiner where you can take a field dressed deer to get steaks, ground meat, etc. All I know of is Maeker's in Shiner and they do ONLY sausage and the deer meat has to be boneless or quartered.
    I have used Country Slaughter House in Victoria for years and have no complaints with them but would like to find a place closer to Shiner.

There's probably not a place actually IN Shiner but what about Gonzales, Hallettsville, Moulton, Yoakum or others?

Comment

Glen's packing in Hallettsville been recommended to me but I think it has to be quartered.

Comment

Don't go to Glens. Go to Janak's. I still drive all the way to Country Slaugher most of the time, I have used them for 12 years, but have used Janak's a few times and Glen's once. If you want to stay in the area go to Janak's. Way better than Glens.

Comment

EJ's off CR 353 inbetween shiner and moulton . Really nice people and make a good product .

Comment

I'm from Hville originally and we used Hermes until they went out of business. Novasads Meat Market and Glen's Meat Market are still processing deer and both do good work. I personally live in Victoria now and I use Bubba's Smoked Meat in Port O'Connor. Hands down some of the best sausage and cheapest processing around. I am there weekly so no big deal for me to take it there. He doesn't charge extra for smoked, lightly smoked, or dried. It's all one price for sausage. And he individually vacuum seals everything. There is also Willie Joe's in High Hill near schulenburg but he is a little pricey. Country Slaughter in Victoria is VERY high. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I'll contact some of those and see if they can provide the services I'm looking for. I don't like to skin my deer and I want some other cuts besides sausage. We are moving to Shiner right during hunting season, hope to be living there by the end of October.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                I'm from Hville originally and we used Hermes until they went out of business. Novasads Meat Market and Glen's Meat Market are still processing deer and both do good work. I personally live in Victoria now and I use Bubba's Smoked Meat in Port O'Connor. Hands down some of the best sausage and cheapest processing around. I am there weekly so no big deal for me to take it there. He doesn't charge extra for smoked, lightly smoked, or dried. It's all one price for sausage. And he individually vacuum seals everything. There is also Willie Joe's in High Hill near schulenburg but he is a little pricey. Country Slaughter in Victoria is VERY high. Hope this helps!
                Interesting, gonna have to check out Bubba's, didn't know about it.
                I agree about Country Slaughter being high but I do gotta put in a plug for them. Last 2 years they have been making us a really good deal for our meat ministry processing deer. Last year we took them at least 250-300 deer and this year 70 so far. Price they are giving us must barely cover their cost and time. I will continue to take them at least a couple personal deer each year just as appreciation of them putting back into the community.

Comment

Does Maekers in Shiner not do it anymore?

Comment

Ronnie Bieuhonko in Yoakum. Makes the best u will ever eat. Pm me for his nimber

Comment

Originally posted by rlwenzel View Post
                      Ronnie Bieuhonko in Yoakum. Makes the best u will ever eat. Pm me for his nimber
                      X2.

The best dried sausage that I have ever eaten.

Comment

The man is good also a good friend if mine

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
                          Does Maekers in Shiner not do it anymore?

Maeker's makes deer sausage but sausage ONLY. and the deer meat has to be boneless or quartered. I'm looking for a place that will take a field dressed deer and cut and wrap steaks roasts ground meat, etc. I like sausage too but we don't need 100 pounds.

Comment

Give him a call Ronnie Bieuhonko 13612934897

Comment

I called Ronnie B. He seems like a nice guy and can do what I was asking about. Thanks for the contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X