Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Schizophrenia is related to Demonic Possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Schizophrenia is related to Demonic Possession?

This may be taken off here quickly but I have always wondered these questions. I'd like to hear some of the TBHers thoughts on this question. As far as I know the Bible does not say anything about Schizophrenia directly but does speak of Demonic Possession. Just curious if anyone thinks or feels Schizophrenia or other mental illness is related to demonic possession. Thoughts? Comments?

Just be clear I'm not jumping to conclusion on if it is or isn't related, just honestly wanted to know everyone's opinion. I truly do not have an opinion on the matter. Not trying to ruffle feathers. Just curious.
    Last edited by brunner; 09-25-2014, 10:04 AM.

NO

Comment

No. I do not.

I think that people that are not familiar with schizophrenia my tend to jump to their own conclusions. Schizophrenia is a very complicated medical condition and requires experienced professionals to help people afflicted with this condition.

Schizophrenia is a medical condition, affecting people just like other conditions such as Alzheimer's, Dementia, Bipolarism, etc. I do not think someone afflicted with any one of these conditions are possessed either. It is just the way God made them.

I had once heard someone say that God's glory can be revealed in people with afflictions, handicaps, etc. I believe it is true. In addition to our marveling at their strength in coping and managing their lives, it makes all of us "step up" in some way, either in helping them or becoming grateful for what we have, etc.
      Last edited by Shake1; 09-25-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Yes it absolutely can be. Not saying all cases are but some definitely are.

Comment

I don't believe so as I sit in my office in a psychiatric hospital.

I agree and see how people can be very scared of it. I can also see how having a mental state such as that can seriously open one up for Satan to do some work. Its a very scary disease for those affected. Ive had many long conversations with patients and they tell me some very scary stories. I absolutely hate it for people who are affected; both patients and their families.

Comment

You do not have to be afflicted with any of these medical conditions to be susceptible for possession.

I think many people's ideas of what a possession "looks like" comes from Hollywood. Turn on the news and you will see it everyday. There are people falling all over the place . . .

Comment

No it's a treatable brain disorder.

It's possible that a less than healthy lifestyle can trigger Schizophrenia (drugs etc) and this alone could be tied into allowing Demonic thinking into the mental side of the brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Roper View Post
                Yes it absolutely can be. Not saying all cases are but some definitely are.
                I feel the same. I think SOME are. Probably only a small percentage and I dang sure dont believe all are.

Comment

Problem is most churches have gotten so far away from teaching the basic core principles that Jesus taught. How many people even believe that their is a possibility of demonic possession?

What was Jesus' last words before he ascended to heaven after being resurrected from the dead.

Let me give you a hint look to Mark 16:17 "And these signs will follow those who believe. In my name they will cast out demons they will speak with new tongues."

Problem is people fear what they do not understand. Heck I do not understand salvation but I believe that I have received it simply because Jesus shed his blood to cleanse me of my sins. How does that work? Who cares Jesus said it so I believe it.

Key word there in Mark 16:17 "those who believe"

Satan is ransacking peoples lives every day unnecessarily simply because people have no idea what authority Jesus has given "those who believe".

Comment

what?

Comment

LOL. All I got is LOL

Comment

Don't think the two are connected, but I'm just a hunter on a hunting thread. I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                          what?
                          Agreed. Wow

Comment

No... in true schizophrenics, there are measurable and definitive changes in the structure and function of the brain during the disease process...

Do I believe in demonic possession? Yes but I believe it is different.

Do you possibly mean that are some people diagnosed with and treated for schizophrenia, actually possessed by a demon?

Comment

I'll be opening a can here with this statement, but yes. I've been working closely with schizophrenics (Good friend, my sister and the homeless population I've been filming for several years). The Lord has been working with me quite a while on this one in showing me this is all Jesus did. We sell the Gospel of Jesus so short here in America. When I got this I tried just lovin my sis and praying with her and over her for the thing to come out, in Jesus name. Man... Did it come out. In 20 years after the government institutionalized my sister.. after Science had just given her a label and some meds.. and after society had abandoned her (rightfully so, she did some crazy stuff), was the first time I had seen a quick drastic change in my sis to normalcy. She confessed that 'they had decieved her for so long' and is seeking change to this day. This is only a recent event and I'm grateful.

Comment

Working...
                              X