Hunt w/ Oran Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
    I see this thread has popped back up from last year. I'm still leasing from Mr. Hill, even after a terrible deer season last year. This year is already much better than last, heck, I saw more deer on opening day than I did all year last year! I've had no problems with Mr. Hill, now, his nephew (or maybe it's grandson, I'm still unclear on that) is a bit different. He was doing some dove hunting back during dove season, but a call to Oran apparently put a stop to that because we haven't seen him or any evidence of him since.
    I hunted with Oran for 10 years when he had the S&G Ranch in Bertram. Never had a problem with him. That old house was a piece of work hot in October and Cold the rest of the time. I also saw alot of deer and turkey on the place. The price was right. After the second year it just took a last minute call and I would be hunting the evening or the next morning. If he didn't come by to visit I would just send him a check. Not many people would allow you to hunt then pay. I am sure he can be corse as 40 grit sand paper but man he is only like 105 yrs old. If you have the time he can lay down a story when he gets on a roll. My advise is to not try and impress him with everything you know. Like I said he is older than dirt and will not be impressed. Show him some respect and he will do so in return. If I were in a position that I needed a place to Day Hunt Oran would be at the top of my list to call.

Comment

oran hill outfitters

Originally posted by ooger74 View Post
      Myself and two others did a one day hunt with Oran Hill in Llano county yesterday, adnd I was very happy. Some of the stand locations could be placed a little better, bu there were animals everywhere. We all saw animals and could have killed all our deer if we were not so picky. One of the guys shot a 4 1/2yo 7pt and a doe. I shot a doe and could have shot another. The other guy shot a pig, but we didn't find him. All in All it was very good hunt for the money and i will be back again. This was on a MLD ranch, so we did not have to use any of our own tags. I will be going back. If you need a hunt to fill the feeder you should give Oran a call.
      I have been hunting on mr. oran place a couple weekends ago and i have to agree with you, I saw alot of deer and missed a Monster 8 pt. that would have scored in the 140s easy I will for sure be going back again abunch of deer and pigs. Can't beat it for the price..

Comment

Saw Tim Wells from relentless pursuit hunting their on TV. They all scored bucks and does.

Comment

Working...
        X