Camera/operator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera/operator problems

I am not a big picture taker but like to take photos as well. I have a regular point and shoot camera but have a huge difficulty in taking good photos.

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L1< it only has a 5x zoom and is 6.3 megapixel. However almost every picture i try to take comes out blurry. i try almost every option i can (which there are a lot like portrait, landscape, party/indoor, beach/snow, sunset etc.) i also try auto and still no luck.

I know this could be because of me, but every other camera i use pictures come out right so it makes me want to think its the camera. But i need yall to tell me.

Thanks for everything. And if i cant figure it out i think i may be looking for a newer, better camera but not ready for the DSLR type, so i am also looking for opinions on a decent and moderately priced camera.

Thanks again

Most of the issues I've seen with point and shoots involve the person moving the camera while it is still taking the pic. Hold it until you know it has taken the pic. A lot of people push the button and then pull the camera down. Think about how you're doing it.

Other than that, if you're getting blurry pics, you may not have enough light. Is it doing it all the time, under all lighting conditions?

Comment

Well its not that i move it before its done. I dont move my hand until i see the picture on the screen and its still bad. And yes it does it in low light and lots of light. I just cant figure it out.

Comment

Are you pushing the shutter button down part way and allowing the camera time to autofocus before you push the shutter button down all the way? I've seen a lot of people just push the shutter button down all at once and, of course, their pictures come out blurry.

Comment

Yes sir. A green box comes up on the screen when it is focused and ready. Still pics come out blurry.

Comment

maybe your eyes are just blurry mark, or maybe u need to clean the lcd display lol

Comment

If you could post some examples, maybe we could look at the EXIF data and get an idea what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                If you could post some examples, maybe we could look at the EXIF data and get an idea what is going on.
                X2

Comment

Try to put the camera on a tripod and take a few pictures and see if they come out blurry, if so it may be a camera issue and not a user issue.

If the pictures come out fine then I would suggest holding the shutter button down halfway to get the focus set then click and hold the camera steady through out the entire process. There is a slight delay when you click the button until the camera actually takes the pictures. Also try not to push to hard on the shutter button (my wife does this) and each time she takes a picture she presses so hard that the camera moves a lot.

Comment

I would suggest the tripod suggestion as well. At least then you will know if it is a camera issue or operator issue.
                    I use Nikon DSLR's but when it comes to point and shoots, I am a Canon fan. I have the SD850 and the Elph line from Canon are all equipped with image stabilization. If you need to go with a new point and shoot, definitely make sure you get this feature, it is well worth it.

Comment

When you do the tripod test shots, try to use the delay shutter function. That way, the camera won't have the influence of your finger on the button as it fires.

Comment

Working...
                      X