Chairs in popups.......whata ya recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chairs in popups.......whata ya recommend

I'm looking for a swivel type chair...no arms for use in a popup for our Kansas trip in November. You read the reviews in Gander, Bass and Cabelas and it sounds like a crap shoot one way or the other. Thanks....

Look for cheap desk chairs ....they have small one with no arm rest. I was lucky to find one someone was throwing away on side of the street.
    "one man's trash is another's treasure"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	img-thing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	24408234
    Last edited by 2BigMethod; 10-06-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I can check at goodwill and the resale shops around Bastrop.

Comment

Build ur own Boat seat on a pedestal

Comment

We had a popup over a dip in the ground. It was to hard to see out the windows. We bought a 24" barstool at Wally World. Worked good both times I set in it

Comment

I bought one of the tripod pop up chairs from cabelas. It looks just like the double bull seat but half the price or better. I think its called a timber ridge or something like that. On opening morning I accidentally left it in the truck and instantly remembered why I love it. It is really comfortable and you can lean back. It is very quiet with zero noise. I thinks it about $20 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
              I bought one of the tripod pop up chairs from cabelas. It looks just like the double bull seat but half the price or better. I think its called a timber ridge or something like that. On opening morning I accidentally left it in the truck and instantly remembered why I love it. It is really comfortable and you can lean back. It is very quiet with zero noise. I thinks it about $20 or so.
              I could not agree more, these cheap seats fit me really well. I actually have a spare in the garage that I sit in frequently while watching sports!

The four legged model at Cabela's has got my attention, it has the mesh seat and back and sure was comfortable in the store. I think they run around $40.

Comment

Milk crate with a foam seat.

And do a search for more info. Cool design in the DIY thread.

Comment

I really prefer director style chairs. They are quiet, comfortable, and easy to tote around. That being said, I am going to be bringing an old office chair to see if it will work for those longer sits

Comment

Old office chairs that's all we use

Comment

Shappell STC360-ATC Trail Chair 360

folding, swivel, carrying case and quite comfortable for what it is...

Comment

karl with ultramatic feedrs in Hempstead sells a great pop up blind chair, completly silent, has arms rest that fold down out of the way,entire chair folds up. call him dont know if it is on his web site.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Honestly, I'd build one out of a boat chair.

I've tried several and the double bull is the best I've tried but that isn't saying much. Sit for too long and that front part of the triangle pushing up on the nuts gets annoying and it cost too much for what it is. I have the Timber ridge or whatever it is called knock off of this chair and it is too tall.

I've tried the fold up stuff chairs and while these are comfortable, maneuvering for a shot is difficult and loud.

I bought a swiveling blind chair from academy last year and cut the legs down so it was the right height. It may be the worst I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Problem Child View Post
                            karl with ultramatic feedrs in Hempstead sells a great pop up blind chair, completly silent, has arms rest that fold down out of the way,entire chair folds up. call him dont know if it is on his web site.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
                            Well, that's about parr for me. Was in Pasadena yesterday for dental surgery and came back thru Hempstead.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                              Look for cheap desk chairs ....they have small one with no arm rest. I was lucky to find one someone was throwing away on side of the street.
                              "one man's trash is another's treasure"
                              [ATTACH]747696[/ATTACH]
                              This is the exact chair that I use. I also added a horse matt from Tractor Supply (or equivalent) for ease of movement and to keep the wheels out of the dirt, they work great and are very quiet. I prefer a no arm chair, arms get in the way of movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X