Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove Mountain - Bandera

Hey there

I have to share a good experience with a Day Hunt at Dove Mountain in Bandera. I took my 6 year old son out there for a Fallow Doe hunt. It was his first "real" hunt...he as sat in a blind with me before, but never more than 1 hour. My primary goal was for my son to have a good time and take an animal if we get a good chance.

The guide out there is Danny Gonzales. He worked hard for us..we were out all day, before sun up to sun down, with only about about an hour off for lunch. He really spent time with my son to teach him and make sure he was having a good time. This was very important to me. He put me in position for a good stalk several times, however the doe were easily spooked and I really couldn't get a good shot. At the end of the day I was able to put an arrow in a fallow spike. We attempted to track the spike for about 2 hours and found no blood trail. 2 tiny spots over 150 yards. The sun set and we were done.

I would go back to Dove Mountain in a heartbeat.

LL

Congrats to your son and to you for taking him. You're starting him down the right path!

Comment

Great to hear you had a good time, and great job for getting the little started early!

Comment

Working...
      X