No announcement yet.

My 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we got here and got settled in at the cabin, had lunch and went and got a couple spots set up. We’re about 500 yards or so in, and found some decent sign. There’s a ton of deer in the park, and they’ll come right up to you if you throw them some corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you sir!

Comment

Easier to hit that way.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing but a fox this evening. There’s a lot of deer sign in this place. Gonna be cold in the morning so hopefully that will have them up and moving.

Comment

Stick it out during the mid day as well!! A lot of movement mid day when most people head back for lunch

Comment

^ What he said. Saw a really good 8 this weekend at 2pm. Mid-day can be just as good as any other.

Comment

We’re gonna stay with it as long as we can today. My only problem is I get cold no matter how many layers I wear lol!! There isn’t bathrooms in these cabins but there’s a bathroom/shower house about 75 yards away. I bet there’s probably 30 deer bedded between the cabin and the showerhouse. I walked by then headed there and back within 10 yards and they never moved. It’s crazy how smart deer are. They know exactly where they’re safe and where there’s danger.

Comment

Shoot one and the rest will run I bet.

Comment

Lol!! They’re moving this morning. I had a nice buck slip through behind me and had a doe bust me downwind. Jr has seen two bucks both too far for him to shoot.

Comment

Some turkeys joined the deer in the park.

Comment

I think I'd have to be hunting out of the out house if the deer are like that!!

Comment

I could have tagged out the first day if I could hunt in the park lol. Yesterday evening we didn’t see anything. This is the last morning then we’ll be headed home. And it’s cold out there...29 and the wind chill makes it feel like 22.

Comment

Yes it's chilly. Hope you get a shot. Waiting on LDPs. Good hunting to y'all.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Quit goofing around and stick something already. okay, so maybe it isn't that easy. Hope you get to bring one back.

Comment

It almost happened this morning. Had a Buck come in and got to about 12 yards . He saw me, but didn’t spook. He turned quartering away and I tried to draw, and he either caught some movement or heard something and took off. We saw quite a few deer altogether and had a blast, but had to head home after the morning hunt. I’ll definitely hunt this place again.

Comment

Working...
                                X