How is the QAD HD Rest ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the QAD HD Rest ??

Thinking of switching to the QAD HD Rest. Anyone use this rest, the HD specifically. Seems like a lot people like it. Any problems with it. Does it make a lot of noise with the shot or when drawing?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT

Thanks, Ranchdog

Its a great rest Have many friends using it. It would not work on my monster. If your shooting over 300fps (or maybe it was just the monsters design) your vanes might catch the arm before it collapses.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I use this one and have shoot a bunch this year and have had no problems with it. No noise when drawing. The guy at the bowshop was shooting a monster with one on it with no problems, when I had mine installed.

Having said that mine will prolly break tomarrow.

Comment

Low Fence you sure have bad luck with drop rest.

Comment

Great rest, had a ripcord for a short and switched to the HD. Bro-in-law has the ripcord now.
            Should work well with your XT.

Comment

Originally posted by georgec View Post
              Low Fence you sure have bad luck with drop rest.
              Thats about 1/2 that I have see fail, or unable to have the advertised "total vane clearance".

I do not and will not have a fail away on any of my equipment. But some claim it helps so to each their own.

Comment

It's the best rest I've used. Have one on my AM32 and I really like the way it functions. I dont even use felt/moleskin on the riser because this rest holds the arrow in place w/ complete silence on draw and every other aspect. Awesome, get one!

Comment

Thanks guys. How loud is it when it drops?

Comment

I have a Diamond Iceman, with a QAD HD Pro, works sweet, no noise, recommend it, get it on ebay for same price as lesser QAD model. Bowhunter superstore.

Comment

Love my 2, not a lick of contact or problems, only one I will use till something comes better

Comment

I had a Ripcord on my Reezen and it would not drop fast enough to get clearance. Went to the QAD HD LD model and have not had any issues. All though the first one did have some issues with its timimg and they replaced it for me. They have good customer service.

Comment

Git you one. You will like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
                            Its a great rest Have many friends using it. It would not work on my monster. If your shooting over 300fps (or maybe it was just the monsters design) your vanes might catch the arm before it collapses.
                            This is why the rest comes with a different set of arms. I believe I was told that the longer arms drop faster? Somebody can probably help with this but QAD has tested the rest with way faster than a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                              Thanks guys. How loud is it when it drops?
                              It is not loud at all. It does have to be tuned correctly or it will end up in a box like the pic above. I have had to get help on mine and change out the arms but it is a sweet rest when you get it tuned, and it is super quiet and I haven't had ANY issues after I got it setup right.

Comment

Working...
                              X