No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is with all the 1D, 2D, 3D, etc. Is it like golf where there is a handicap??? Who decides what division you compete??? Not trying to be a Smart Arse but I don't remember that back in my days. I guess I am getting too old.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
      What is with all the 1D, 2D, 3D, etc. Is it like golf where there is a handicap??? Who decides what division you compete??? Not trying to be a Smart Arse but I don't remember that back in my days. I guess I am getting too old.
      Adios,
      Gary
      Gary to keep it simple yes its like a handicap system so ladies at all levels have a chance to compete. 1D would be the fastest time and then each division is based .50 second off the fasted time. After that for me it gets confusing. I like rodeo barrel racing... fastest time wins. Here is an article explaining. https://www.thehorsespot.com/the-ds-in-barrel-racing

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Gary to keep it simple yes its like a handicap system so ladies at all levels have a chance to compete. 1D would be the fastest time and then each division is based .50 second off the fasted time. After that for me it gets confusing. I like rodeo barrel racing... fastest time wins. Here is an article explaining. https://www.thehorsespot.com/the-ds-in-barrel-racing
        Here is how it was explained to me this year when I had that blank look on my face when I signed Sarah up for her first true barrel race.

Fastest time overall for the day wins the 1D and from there they usually do 1/2 second splits. So for sake of argument here is how a 5D would shake out if the fastest time of the day was 16 seconds flat.

1D 16 seconds wins
        2D 16.5 seconds wins
        3D 17 seconds wins
        4D 17.5 seconds wins
        5D 18 seconds wins

They will usually pay 3-5 places in each D depending on how many enter.

Comment

Oh and I have learned way more about barrel racing in the last few years than I have ever cared to know.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            Here is how it was explained to me this year when I had that blank look on my face when I signed Sarah up for her first true barrel race.

Fastest time overall for the day wins the 1D and from there they usually do 1/2 second splits. So for sake of argument here is how a 5D would shake out if the fastest time of the day was 16 seconds flat.

1D 16 seconds wins
            2D 16.5 seconds wins
            3D 17 seconds wins
            4D 17.5 seconds wins
            5D 18 seconds wins

They will usually pay 3-5 places in each D depending on how many enter.
            Thats simple enough. Ask a barrel racer and its like them explaining quantum physics.

Comment

Thanks Guys! Now I know a little more about the game. What I am having trouble dealing with is guys entering the barrel events.....
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Thanks Guys! Now I know a little more about the game. What I am having trouble dealing with is guys entering the barrel events.....
                Adios,
                Gary

I have a big problem with guys entering. They have a strength advantage and in many cases just man handle the horses Around the Barrels. Little kids Im ok with but but once they get over 12 do boy events.

Comment

The D format is mainly used in jackpot and open barrel races. The whole reason was to promote participation because you don’t necessarily have to run the fastest time but you could still win money against like riders. It’s great especially for kids trying to get involved and go to bigger events because they still have a chance to win a check

All the rodeos we go to are broke up in age and fastest kid wins
                  Last edited by aggie2000tx; 06-19-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Well we picked up the horse that has been at the trainer for the past 4-5 month today. Will be interesting to see what he does for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      Well we picked up the horse that has been at the trainer for the past 4-5 month today. Will be interesting to see what he does for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Good looking Pony there......Hope it works out for your.

Sarah has the District 4H show tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how well she does against 20 other counties.

Comment

He sure looks good for whatever that's worth. He looks pretty masculine, was kept as a stud for awhile????
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

He sure looks good for whatever that's worth. He looks pretty masculine, was kept as a stud for awhile????
                          Adios,
                          Gary
                          Yes he was. He was only gelded a little over a year ago. He was a halter show horse before we got him. The trainer we had him at took him to a Reining Cow Horse Show a few weeks ago and he won that event. They roped off of him, ran barrels on him and even sorted cattle on him. We have been told by several people that if we wanted to go back in the halter world he could probably win the junior world. We are not halter people but if he can make a barrel horse, a roper or sorter he will probably stay around a lot longer. He catches your eye every time. I really like the way he rides as well as far as where he carries his head and the handle he has on him.

Comment

Good lookin' pony Toby!! Hope he works out for ya'll.

Will, tell Sarah that her pony doesn't know what those other girls have done. Go out and be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Good lookin' pony Toby!! Hope he works out for ya'll.

Will, tell Sarah that her pony doesn't know what those other girls have done. Go out and be great.
                              I have been pumping her up...They both love running in that Dripping Springs arena, and as of right now Sarah and Hootie own that arena as it pertains to 4H speed events. I will for sure tell her to go out and be great.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                                I have been pumping her up...They both love running in that Dripping Springs arena, and as of right now Sarah and Hootie own that arena as it pertains to 4H speed events. I will for sure tell her to go out and be great.
                                Good luck this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X