Water storage tank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water storage tank ?

Seeing what recommendation yall have for a above ground water storage tank.

It's for a new house build and only had access to a 1/2 inch water tap from City so I'm concerned about water pressure and figured tank be way to go....
    It will be for a 1.5ac partially irrigated lot and a 2.5 bath home with three people living in it.

I was looking at one of the plastic 2500 gallon storage tanks on a pad and covered i was also wanting an extra manual outlet and maybe a third outlet for far flung landscape or shop in future.

Let me know what y'all have to say about tank material, where to buy, outlets options or anything that may come in handy...
    Located in Georgetown
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

You will also have to a pressure tank and pressure pump. The plastic tanks have a life span outdoors of 20+ years so inside should last a long time. Mine on my well is a 3000 gallon plastic tank.

Comment

I went with concrete instead of poly for my place out in the hill country. The thing that convinced me was a buddy who told me of a brand new poly tank he had installed that got a stray bullet hole in it not long after he bought it and then he had to go buy a replacement. Buy once, cry once

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        You will also have to a pressure tank and pressure pump. The plastic tanks have a life span outdoors of 20+ years so inside should last a long time. Mine on my well is a 3000 gallon plastic tank.
        Thanks what size pressure tank and pump you have and how do you feel about the 3k gallon size

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
          I went with concrete instead of poly for my place out in the hill country. The thing that convinced me was a buddy who told me of a brand new poly tank he had installed that got a stray bullet hole in it not long after he bought it and then he had to go buy a replacement. Buy once, cry once
          If I have stray bullets coming through my area I'll have more to worry about than the precious water just I lost ha that would suck

Comment

We have a set of Enduraplas tanks on my place, they are only 2k tanks but seem to be holding up very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              If I have stray bullets coming through my area I'll have more to worry about than the precious water just I lost ha that would suck

I've heard ricochets go across my property in the Hill Country...happens more than people like to think about, scary when it does

Comment

Originally posted by ZGIII View Post
                We have a set of Enduraplas tanks on my place, they are only 2k tanks but seem to be holding up very well.
                Thanks for the recommendation I just sent them a message inquiring ..

Sounds like yall usually don't cover these tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  Thanks for the recommendation I just sent them a message inquiring ..

Sounds like yall usually don't cover these tanks?

We’re using them as a rain catch, so they have lids with the plumbing going into the lids. Hope that answered you question.

Comment

the 2500 gallon tanks are the best $$ per gallon for storage. i run a 3/2 singlewide on a single tank that that i stay at 1/3 of the year

Comment

Working...
                    X