Dang dandelions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang dandelions

I noticed this last year and thought it was a coincidence but it happened again. Early this afternoon I sprayed broadleaf weed killer on about 200 dandelions in my front yard. None of them had seed heads, just the yellow flowers. I went out about 2 hours after spraying and in that short period of time over half of them had headed-out and were sporting puff balls. It's like they knew they had been poisoned so they quickly in a last act of defiance readied themselves to distribute millions of seeds across my yard. It's a constant battle -I always put down pre emergence by the book but some years it just doesn't work.

And fall on my face, on somebody's new mowed lawn.....

Comment

Don't spray. Pick and make wine out of-em. You know, when life gives ya lemons.... .

Comment

Your growing miracle food in your yard and didn't even know it, dandelion is good for a lot of what ails you. The greens are edible as are the roots, dandelions aren't native to this country, they were brought over by the pioneers, the root is roasted-ground- then drank as a tea.

Comment

I always mow before I spray and have good luck

Comment

I didn't know they could go from flower to seed head in 2hrs

We had them blow in several years ago on a storm front. Went from 0 one years to millions the next

Comment

We beekeepers recommend digging out the weeds. Bee populations are suffering enough.

Comment

My kids pull the flowers off and feed them to their bearded dragon (lizard). It's a win for me then I don't have to go buy as many crickets.

Comment

If you have used the same pre- emergent for several years, there might be some resistance built up. You may try something else.

Comment

Working...
                  X