Is this an arrow head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an arrow head?

Is this an arrow head? I was thinking if might have been an unfinished or broken arrow head. Found it at the lease in an area that gets washed out when it rains a lot. Our lease is on possum kingdom lake.
    Attached Files

I think so, all four pieces look like they have flake scars, meaning they have been worked.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Bottom one certainly an artifact

Top three do appear to have been worked at least a little

Comment

Yep

Comment

Top left and bottom may belong together

Comment

All of those are artifacts. The big pieces are likely cores from which many blades were struck. The bottom piece is a finished artifact but I cant tell if its broken from that pic. Even the small fragment at top is interesting.

Comment

More pics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

In the first pic of those three at the top, two of them look like they could have been scrapers. You can see one edge has been worked on. Imagine holding those in your hand and scraping an animal hide for tanning

Comment

I thought the fragment might be a paleo base but now it looks like debitage from manufacture. The triangular one isn't broken but is a preform with some finish work. I was surprised to see the cortex on the flop side. the other two are cores left from blade making. They well may have been used as scrapers. Should be something good where those came from.

Comment

I'll keep looking. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                        X