Stiller Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiller Actions

Looking at getting a Predator Action for a custom build. Any inputs on them. Good/bad

One of the best around. Great company as well.

Comment

They are good. There are remington clones i like better though.

Comment

They are sweet actions

Comment

I love mine. I plan on buying more eventually

Comment

I'd opt for the Tac-300 (Long Action) or Tac-30 (Short action) instead. Having a rifle built now with one. Bat is probably the best, but it's $500 more and about a half pound heavier, just depends if you're hunting or shooting off a bench.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
              Looking at getting a Predator Action for a custom build. Any inputs on them. Good/bad

Jerry probably sells 5000+ custom actions a year

if they were bad he'd be out of business

I've owned 4-5 and they're a great product for the money around 9 bills

as mentioned above, 700 clone and tons of custom stocks inletted for them

look into the Borden and/or BAT if you want to spend more $$$ on a higher quality action

Comment

Bugholes.com had several in stock last time I looked. I am building on a Tac 300 action.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                  I'd opt for the Tac-300 (Long Action) or Tac-30 (Short action) instead. Having a rifle built now with one. Bat is probably the best, but it's $500 more and about a half pound heavier, just depends if you're hunting or shooting off a bench.
                  What would be benefit of the TAC 300 over Predator for long range hunting?

Comment

The only difference is the color and TAC series uses 8-40 screws for scope mount in lieu of 6-48 screws for Predator line. Depending on what caliber you have in mind, the Predator has a cutout to feed longer than SAAMI spec lengths using Wyatts bottom metal such as a 300WSM with Berger VLD's.

Comment

My understanding is the Tac line is built to more precise, tighter tolerances.

Comment

Stiller is good

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          The only difference is the color and TAC series uses 8-40 screws for scope mount in lieu of 6-48 screws for Predator line. Depending on what caliber you have in mind, the Predator has a cutout to feed longer than SAAMI spec lengths using Wyatts bottom metal such as a 300WSM with Berger VLD's.
                          That and they have different bolt knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                            Will be using 6.5x284 with 140gr VLD

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                              Will be using 6.5x284 with 140gr VLD
                              This is exactly what i built mine on. Long action

Comment

Working...
                              X