"OFFICIAL" 2013-2014 Duck Hunter's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OFFICIAL" 2013-2014 Duck Hunter's Thread

It's close boys! Ready to blast some dove in preparation for the screaming jets in September. In case you guys havn't checked TPWD yet, they have bumped the Teal Season limit to 6 birds!

Let's post tactics, tips, gear, areas hunted, and successful hunts once that part gets here!

I'm ready. Bought a couple of lightly used pair of waders this weekend at an estate sale in case mine spring a leak.

Getting a new barrel for my Wingmaster 20ga so my girlfriend won't have to shoot a full choke at dove.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
      I'm ready. Bought a couple of lightly used pair of waders this weekend at an estate sale in case mine spring a leak.

Getting a new barrel for my Wingmaster 20ga so my girlfriend won't have to shoot a full choke at dove.
      Nice. As soon as I get back in town from work, I've got some finishing touches on the blind, and will be cleaning the dekes.

This will be the first year I've taken a gal duck hunting (if she stays around that long) curious to see how it will work out!

Comment

Started filling the new tank this last weekend. Hoping it pulls the birds this year
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375840418.283017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	24228461

Comment

I can't wait. Been ordering new decoys and getting them rigged up. Planning a trip to Mack's toward the end of the month. I will be spending a lot of time this year in North Texas chasing ducks and geese.

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
            Started filling the new tank this last weekend. Hoping it pulls the birds this year
            [ATTACH]528181[/ATTACH]
            Are you manually filling? Do you have ways to manage the water level?

Comment

Here is some work we have been doing

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375840734.761640.jpg
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24228462

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375840750.077810.jpg
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	24228463

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375840763.994544.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24228464

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Excited about 6 teal this year and really excited about 8 canadas in Okie land. Sure Tx will follow suit. Outta make for some steller hunts this fall. Gonna hafta knock my deer down opening weekend again!!!

Comment

Anyone else hunt public land? I've been plagued with trying to locate a lease so It looks as if I will revert back to the basics to get me further into the marsh than the others. I've got the advantage of having the Sabine River a short hike thru the woods from the house and can take woodies all day long but really looking to put some green in a strap this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JMcCullough View Post
                      Anyone else hunt public land? I've been plagued with trying to locate a lease so It looks as if I will revert back to the basics to get me further into the marsh than the others. I've got the advantage of having the Sabine River a short hike thru the woods from the house and can take woodies all day long but really looking to put some green in a strap this year.
                      I can't afford a lease so ill be doing the public land. I'm trying to find a little boat to get me away from the other hunters

Comment

Can't afford a lease so public is all I hunt. I'm pumped for early teal 31 days y'all!

Comment

So close yet so far away!!! I'm sending my super x 2 to get dipped as the years of duck hunting have taken its toll.

Comment

Excited about 6 bird limit this year. Should be awesome, and the lab likes it too!

Comment

Can't wait for early teal season. Got
                              my boat all cleaned out and blind put back on last weekend! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376240980.049682.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	24230840

Comment

Working...
                              X