Bad Auto Dealers, how to fight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Auto Dealers, how to fight...

One of my insured's stopped by yesterday to file a claim. Apparently the used vehicle they recently purchased at one of those "tote the note" places had some undisclosed damage. What legal actions can they take against the a dealership for this???? These are pictures of the roof. It looks like the entire roof was floated with body filler and with the low temps and a little moisture the roof started doing this (see pics). This young couple has no money and they still owe $24k on this vehicle.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Holy crap that's some sh*tty work. No help on the situation but would be interested to see if there is any legal recourse

Comment

They'll have to prove the selling dealership knew about the damage. Was prolly bought at an auction. Buyer beware.

Looks like someone crawled on it to slide off in the snow.

Comment

a young man at work just bought a car from a similar place and a week later all sorts of lights came on. We scanned it and had 9 different codes show up--they called the dealership and was told to kick rocks. They said it was bought as is no warranty and he test drove it with the option of his mechanic to look at it. luckily he got the extended warranty and its at a chevy house having a short block done with minimal out of pocket.

I know that doesn't help but just another example of how bad the "tote the note" style places are

Comment

That's horrible...

Comment

That's a bad deal. But I didn't realize that tote the notes sold $24K vehicles. Doubt there is much recourse though. Hopefully they can get their credit straightened out so they don't have to deal with those kinds of places in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              That's a bad deal. But I didn't realize that tote the notes sold $24K vehicles. Doubt there is much recourse though. Hopefully they can get their credit straightened out so they don't have to deal with those kinds of places in the future.
              Knowing those type of places, it's probably an $18k vehicle...

Comment

Wow. What did the dealership say?

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  Knowing those type of places, it's probably an $18k vehicle...
                  Yep, I had a customer about 5 years ago that bought a 2 year old vehicle from one of them for $5k more than a brand new one cost.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Wow. What did the dealership say?
                    The dealership told them to file claim. He's just pushing the blame onto us.

Comment

They need to get the docs they signed first. I bet they signed all sorts of "as-is", "no warranty" agreements.

Their best recourse may fall under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act, which could subject a defendant to treble damages.

Comment

Not the answer they want to hear, but give it back.

Comment

Working...
                        X