No announcement yet.

YouTube's new policy on reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure hasn't stopped them from running NRA ads though. They will take money from the firearms industry but won't allow them to make videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      I kind of like no one knocking on the door anymore looking to borrow our encyclopedias on how to look up stuff
      You think my late 80's encyclopedia's would still be valid? I actually still have 2 sets from when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        The problem with this is that YouTube is owned by google. They can control the content of searches through google. It’s hard for another video service to take over if you can’t find it. Same reason when looking for videos now full30 never shows up in the search.
        This is why I use Bing

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
          www.full30.com

Firearms version of YouTube. This isn't the first time YouTube has caused problems with gun videos.
          This is what I was talking about on the other youtube thread. The free market will pick up the pieces youtube drops, be able to make money off of it, and everything will be just fine.

Just relax, let youtube do its thing, and eventually it will become obsolete. Like horse drawn buggies, Super Nintendo, Compaq, Netscape, and *******.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            I agree, and as a hardcore capitalist, it pains me to say but many tech companies have secured monopolies that harm consumers. We need some regulations to prevent the Googles of the world from complete control of information.
            Oh, ok. Makes perfect sense. Or just use Bing. Or Yahoo. Or who knows how many other search engines not owned by Google. That seem's cheaper than imposing regulations on companies, which in turn pass the costs of additional regulation onto consumers (IE me and you).

Comment

I agree, and as a hardcore capitalist, it pains me to say but many tech companies have secured monopolies that harm consumers. We need some regulations to prevent the Googles of the world from complete control of information.
              This will get worse now that net neutrality rules have been all but gutted. The search results will show in order of the highest bidder. capitalism still needs some checks and balances.

Comment

I'm still using askjeeves.com

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Net neutrality????

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    This will get worse now that net neutrality rules have been all but gutted. The search results will show in order of the highest bidder. capitalism still needs some checks and balances.
                    Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    Net neutrality????
                    We were thinking the same thing

Comment

Net neutrality????
                      Yeah the way the internet was forever. Until the last couple of years.

Comment

We were thinking the same thing
                        Like government intervention ever solved anything......look at Obamacare.....and the list will go on forever.

I have always noticed that "If the answer to the question is more government.....the the question must have been pretty stupid."

Comment

I wonder how this is going to affect youtube tv...lol...no guns? we will see how strong their convictions are, just how anti-gun they are...lol

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Oh, ok. Makes perfect sense. Or just use Bing. Or Yahoo. Or who knows how many other search engines not owned by Google. That seem's cheaper than imposing regulations on companies, which in turn pass the costs of additional regulation onto consumers (IE me and you).
                            I was thinking more along the lines of enforcing antitrust laws more vigorously. I don't know what the solution is, but I know it's not good to have google, Facebook, or any platform completely dominate a market. And tech is typically winner-take-all.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                              I'm still using askjeeves.com

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              I could go back to that.

Comment

What's strange about this is that awhile back they said they were banning videos of bump stocks etc. I just checked and as of this post, all the bump stock videos are still there and Slide Fire still has their channel up with 38 videos of their stocks in action and nearly 2,000 subscribers. Sort of strange.

I won't be surprised when they ban hog hunting videos and all of the thermal and night vision optic reviews we do. The day is coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X