Who hunts with a Ruger No. 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
    I've got a pair of weatherbys, 270 and 257.
    Weatherby’s ain’t exactly Ruger No. 1’s?

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
      Here’s a 22-250 I’m considering parting ways with
      I might as well ask it...what's your asking price?

Comment

$975 for rifle only

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
          I'm sorry, I omitted the link in my earlier post. Go to this page and click on the first two "+" links: "Compact, simple falling-block...." and "Sliding tang safety....." and look how rough the workmanship is. I can't imagine a major company putting pictures like that on their web site.

https://ruger.com/products/no1/models.html
          Wow, that rifle looks like it went on a 3 day bender. Nobody even thought to Photoshop out the rough edges? Ruger's marketing department needs a wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
            Weatherby’s ain’t exactly Ruger No. 1’s?
            The sure look like Ruger #1's. They even say Ruger #1 on them for some reason.

I wonder if they are Ruger #1's?

I even had a build thread on the 257.

Last edited by Luck_of_the_Draw; 03-22-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
              The sure look like Ruger #1's. They even say Ruger #1 on them for some reason.

I wonder if they are Ruger #1's?

I even had a build thread on the 257.

Well, that does indeed appear to be a Ruger #1.

The .257 Weatherby and .270 Weatherby are different calibers than the .257 Roberts and the .270 Winchester calibers.
              And I thought proprietary to Weatherby manufactured rifles (unless custom built)? And I sure as hell didn't know that Weatherby ever made rifles in any other action than the bolt action? I guess I was (am) wrong?

I haven't researched Ruger or any other firearms companies in quite a long time because I'm not in the market for any new rifles. Truth is; I'm old, the fire has burned to embers and I've pretty much told my son that they already belong to him, that he doesn't necessarily have to wait until I'm dead to take possession. They're all at his home, in his gunsafe anyway. Told him to use 'em. And he has.

Sorry about that.
              Bob Lee

Comment

Bob, there are other manufactures that chamber Weatherby cartridges. I have had Remington factory rifle in 300 Weatherby and a Howa in 257 Weatherby. There are other manufactures that chamber for them as well such as Ruger .

Killed my first elk in 1997 with a Remington 700 chambered in 300 WBY.
                Last edited by kmon; 03-22-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                  Bob, there are other manufactures that chamber Weatherby cartridges. I have had Remington factory rifle in 300 Weatherby and a Howa in 257 Weatherby. There are other manufactures that chamber for them as well such as Ruger .

Killed my first elk in 1997 with a Remington 700 chambered in 300 WBY.
                  As stated, I'm way behind the times. And I don't know how I ever got it in my head that Weatherby calibers were proprietary to Weatherby manufactured rifles. I guess I must have dreamed it.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
                    As stated, I'm way behind the times. And I don't know how I ever got it in my head that Weatherby calibers were proprietary to Weatherby manufactured rifles. I guess I must have dreamed it.

Bob Lee
                    I cheated on the 257wby, it's a custom build before Ruger started making them

Comment

#1A in 7x57, it's my favorite rifle

Comment

Working...
                      X