Mobile Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    I like the plan except the buying the mobile new. Pick up a used one for 10 to 15k and then sell it when you build your house.
    I had mobile homes as rental property years ago. I'd never put a 5 year old Mobil home as a rental......they WILL tear it up.
    Buy used but fairly nice. Then go with your plan

Comment

I did what you are saying. Main reason is it's a 20 minute drive to any town and we wanted to make sure we like it here before we built. I bought a new double wide. We have went in and take and textured walls, new floors etc. The place I bought it from said he would ask at least what I bought it from him for, new if I were to sell it today. I've had Brandos quoted an you are looking at least 80-110 a sqft. A mobile home is what it is. Not the greatest quality. I would probably buy used that has been totally updated. Tape and textured walls, real trim, etc.

Mine is almost paid for and we are actually thinking about keeping it and building a really nice barn. And when the kids move out in a few years. Maybe finish out the barn and live in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the used double wide route. Lived in it 10 years, sold it for almost what I paid for it. Then built. But I like the barndominium idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
          Don't buy a mobile home for 40k
          Get a diesel truck for 65k instead

Comment

Mobile Home

We bought a 2000 model repoed and refurbished single wide in 2006. Sold it for 15K last December. Take care of it and you can get your money back.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
              I did what you are saying. Main reason is it's a 20 minute drive to any town and we wanted to make sure we like it here before we built. I bought a new double wide. We have went in and take and textured walls, new floors etc. The place I bought it from said he would ask at least what I bought it from him for, new if I were to sell it today. I've had Brandos quoted an you are looking at least 80-110 a sqft. A mobile home is what it is. Not the greatest quality. I would probably buy used that has been totally updated. Tape and textured walls, real trim, etc.

Mine is almost paid for and we are actually thinking about keeping it and building a really nice barn. And when the kids move out in a few years. Maybe finish out the barn and live in it.

Saying all that, I had a nice brick house in town and I would live in a mobile home in the country any day, vs living in town.

Comment

I love the idea of a barndo, but I just don't see how I can get a 1000 sq ft of living space in a Barndo for anywhere close to the price of a mobile home.
                Plus the mobile home has the potential to earn me money as a rental, I can take that and build the shop I really want down the road.

Side note, I want rental properties anyways. Not just considering it now
                Last edited by AgHntr10; 03-20-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  I love the idea of a barndo, but I just don't see how I can get a 1000 sq ft of living space in a Barndo for anywhere close to the price of a mobile home.
                  Plus the mobile home has the potential to earn me money as a rental, I can take that and build the shop I really want down the road.

Side note, I want rental properties anyways. Not just considering it now
                  Sounds like you have the answer already from your post above.

Comment

I hope I didn't run you out of town

Comment

I have a 1998 dblwide I'd sell for $10k !!! Needs some work/updating (Flooring/AC).
                      We're wanting to do a Barndo.

Comment

Some of the new manufactured houses are really nice

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                          I have a 1998 dblwide I'd sell for $10k !!! Needs some work/updating (Flooring/AC).
                          We're wanting to do a Barndo.
                          Thanks but I don't think it would be worth it to move one that far. Also wanting to stick with a singlewide to keep the moving cost down.

I'm not opposed to used, just don't want something that is already torn up.

Comment

Do yall have kiddos ?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              We bought a 2000 model repoed and refurbished single wide in 2006. Sold it for 15K last December. Take care of it and you can get your money back.

Skinny
                              This. Every situation is different, but there are ways to come out good on a mobile home deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Do yall have kiddos ?
                                1-2yr old

Comment

Working...
                                X