No announcement yet.

Exhaust on new gas trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW OLD ARE YOU ? LOL ... When you get to be an old man like me you will want silence. but I sure do appreciate the sound of the 5.7 RAM

Comment

I put Borla on my hemi

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Just the tip?
        Lmao!

Comment

Glasspacks? The high school kids will be so jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post

Not necessarily.

My teenage sons have borrowed my Dads 1/2 ton with glass packs a few times and absolute hate the sounds. I think it’s because they are used to diesel and the load gasser just sounds like it’s straining all the time.

Comment

Borla, or a big Flowmaster....3" single, stainless tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Hate loud trucks, and unless you get a tuner, your computer will keep any exhaust components from doing anything but change the noise.
                This is what they keep saying on the forums. I don’t have a dyno, but could immediately tell the difference in my truck with a db Cat Back exhaust from Corsa. And it makes logical sense. Your removing two mufflers and replacing with a larger pipe. And it sounds amazing. I have 2017 Chevy Silverado 5.3. Don’t think it does anything to affect computer or warranty.
                Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 03-06-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

5.3 loved the 40 series flow on my 03z71
                  It was loud enough to gurgle on acceleration and yet didn't throw any codes. Those 5.3 are finicky when u open up the back pressure too much
                  Just be sure u can deal with the drone at mid speed

Comment

There are four narrow band heated O2 sensors on that setup. One each side before the cat and one each side after the cats. From the Y-Pipe back there is nothing connected to the computer that would impact the tune. There will be some performance gain but very very minimal. If you think it is faster after a cat back it is likely in your head and maybe could be measured in tenths of a second, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      I had the truck in highschool.....lol. But I do like the sound of them. Flowmasters aren’t bad there’s just something about them I don’t care for. Same with the magnaflow mufflers just never cared for them.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                        There are four narrow band heated O2 sensors on that setup. One each side before the cat and one each side after the cats. From the Y-Pipe back there is nothing connected to the computer that would impact the tune. There will be some performance gain but very very minimal. If you think it is faster after a cat back it is likely in your head and maybe could be measured in tenths of a second, if at all.
                        Thanks for answering my actual question lol. It’s pretty much like mine because it was like that before I true dualled it. Just making sure it won’t throw off the computer or nothing!

Comment

As has been said a cat back exhaust will not affect anything except the noise level out of the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X