Chicago trip. Does this sound good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago trip. Does this sound good ?

Posted awhile back about things to do in Chicago. Thanks for all the input. This is what my friend came up with for us to follow. We are staying at her apt. Which is 2 blocks south of Wrigley. Does this sound good to those that have been or is there something missing that WE MUST see ? Thanks. Can't wait for the Yanks vs Cubs at Wrigley Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a neat Frank Lloyd Wright home in town. We didn't think much about Navy Pier. We did a Giordano's deep dish pie because it's Chicago - do that or Uno perhaps.

Comment

Chicago is cool. But get in line for the good pizza way before you get hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        ^^^^^^This......I waited an hour and a half to get in to Uno's Pizza. Small place but well worth the wait for thier deep-dish pizza. I am sure there are plenty of other great pizza places around there though.

Comment

Chicago is a cool city, if you are in the right parts!

Comment

Darn near every building in the city has a no handgun decal on it.

Comment

Off the coast of Texas

Yep. That sounds like a pretty good itinerary to me.

Comment

Got reservation plus our friend will get there 30 mins prior to us.

Comment

Go to Coach Mike Ditkas restaurant for dinner. He was there both times I went and the steaks are great!! The miracle mile is really nice even though I don't like shopping but the people watching is world class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Go to Coach Mike Ditkas restaurant for dinner. He was there both times I went and the steaks are great!! The miracle mile is really nice even though I don't like shopping but the people watching is world class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Might do Mikes.

Comment

I just got back from Chicago this morning, you have so.e good stuff here already! Also, go check out the bean. It's one of the coolest up close sculpture art things I've seen. The architecture tour is highly recommended. We got deep dish from Pizanos and it was good and know wait at all our group of 9 walked right in and was seated in 10 minutes. Jealous that we didn't get to see the cubbies, they were outta town this week. Have fun! And use uber over taking cabs or just walk where you need to go!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        I just got back from Chicago this morning, you have so.e good stuff here already! Also, go check out the bean. It's one of the coolest up close sculpture art things I've seen. The architecture tour is highly recommended. We got deep dish from Pizanos and it was good and know wait at all our group of 9 walked right in and was seated in 10 minutes. Jealous that we didn't get to see the cubbies, they were outta town this week. Have fun! And use uber over taking cabs or just walk where you need to go!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sweet. Yes we are checking the bean out Friday prior to dinner. Uber is the way to go.

Comment

Portillos and super dawg, Chicago staples. Went to art institute there last summer too. Stay away from south side.

Comment

Drive by's are a popular evening entertainment there. Don't let all the "no handguns" signs fool 'ya....lol...Just don't wander to that side of town...

Comment

better bring warm clothes and a jacket or heavy windbreaker

40 degree weather compounded with 10-20 mph winds will make it feel very chilly

regarding pizza ; you can't go wrong with any of these ... Lou Malnati's, Giordanos, Pequods, Gino's, Chicago Pizza & oven grinder - I've eaten at all of them . You can even buy a frozen pizza and bring it home when you're craving that deep dish

Comment

Working...
                              X