Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one up

Comment

Please take focused closeups with something for scale.

Comment

That's a classic friley. About 1000 years old.

Comment

Second one. Is it petrified?

Comment

Third ones

Comment

Fourth set

Comment

And this.. I have alot of grinding stones, half a pottery pot, and alot of other unique points but these are the ones I thought were more intersting

Comment

I would like to see closeups of the circled points if possible. Focused, with flaking visible if possible on both sides.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Second is a petried wood Gary. About 3000 years old. Next is another friley and an Alba. 1000 years old. Then the two Knives....geez... I would really like to hear the story on who, how and where they were found! Not specifically where but part of the state.

Comment

This one is from willbarger co. near lake kemp.

Comment

Steve, the two blades were less than a foot away from each other when I found them. Trust me my heart sank!! They seem to pe on great condition from what I, a rookie, can tell. As far as part of the state, right outside of longview not even 10 miles.

Comment

Awesome stuff here!

Here's a couple more to identify.

White one I found on our place in Pflugerville and the red one I found in Cotulla.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nate, that looks like a nice little worn out Plainview just form looking at one side. 10,000 or so years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                              Steve, the two blades were less than a foot away from each other when I found them. Trust me my heart sank!! They seem to pe on great condition from what I, a rookie, can tell. As far as part of the state, right outside of longview not even 10 miles.
                              They are very nice and I suspected they were together. I would be willing to bet there are three or four more of them in the dirt right there. You might want to go back and dig a little. I am going to call those Delhi even though they don't perfectly match the type. The reason I say that is there was a middle archaic trade route through East tx and often points identical to that were made in a "generic" style to be traded. These points virtually always come in cache groups of 4-8 blades.

Comment

Tim, those are a little too damaged for me to positively ID. I will say though that the point on the left is ancient. It is probably a rootbeer color in reality. The white on it is purely patina that grows on Edwards chert. If you knocked a little piece of, it woiuld amaze you to see the original color inside. It took many thousands of years to grow that patina over the flaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X