Dealership puts gas in F350 diesel engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealership puts gas in F350 diesel engine

So McRee ford in Dickinson filled my Diesel up with gas during a maintenance service yesterday. They claim the truck wasn't driven just idoled with the gas in it. Service guy calls me and tells me that they are going to fix it and make it right their cost. Im not a mechanic, know nothing really about engines. What would you do? I haven't spoken with them today.

I have "heard" if it was ran... injectors , glow plugs should at least be changed..as they 'will' fail..
    But id be equally concerned that it ran, and what damage was caused/could be caused to valves, rings, pistons, rods, crank, etc with a higher flash point fuel being pre-ignited...

simply draining the tank, wouldnt be 'fixing' it to me...
    Last edited by systemnt; 10-19-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Get it in writing that they take responsibility for any damage and let them fix it..

Comment

Get something in writing that they put gas in it and exactly what they did to it afterwards.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That what I was thinking. Have invoices for every part with my vin number on the invoice.

Comment

What year?

Comment

Comment

Worried about future performance of the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by C-beck View Post
                  Worried about future performance of the vehicle.
                  Make them buy it?

Comment

Not as bad as the other way around, diesel in gas engine. How much diesel did the tank have in it before they put in gas? If at 50/50 of so i doubt it would do much damage if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Make them buy it?
                      Doing that to a year old truck and I'd be mad a hell. I'd make them put me in a new truck as what you have with the same payment. If their argument is that "it will be fine when we fix it", they can tell that to whoever buys it off their used lot....

Comment

40k off a 2018...

Comment

6.7 is a great engine. I would be concerned about the fuel system in the future. If it fails it very expensive. Just did one on a 2015 and it ran $8500.

Comment

Have to agree with above.
                            Would do everything I could to drive off in a new truck paying the same you are currently.
                            Future performance would be very concerning

Comment

Ive had the truck for 3 months. I cant believe it.
                              Yesterday I asked the service manager what my options are and he says "what do you mean? We are fixing everything our cost."

Comment

Working...
                              X