X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation "Information"

Well underway
    Attached Files

Good luck, I myself read all the books and watched tapes (VHS). Some of them helped me and some less so. While I like reading Asbell's stories and writing. I could not for the life of me shoot the way he does...release as soon as you touch anchor...my brain just couldn't get around that. I hold for several (or longer), until if feels right and I can "see" it, and then release.

My advice, for what it is worth, listen, watch, and try everything, and find what works best for you. Like golf swings on the PGA, each is a bit different, but they work for the individuals.

What ever style and methods you use, you have to do it the same EVERY time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
      Good luck, I myself read all the books and watched tapes (VHS). Some of them helped me and some less so. While I like reading Asbell's stories and writing. I could not for the life of me shoot the way he does...release as soon as you touch anchor...my brain just couldn't get around that. I hold for several (or longer), until if feels right and I can "see" it, and then release.

My advice, for what it is worth, listen, watch, and try everything, and find what works best for you. Like golf swings on the PGA, each is a bit different, but they work for the individuals.

What ever style and methods you use, you have to do it the same EVERY time.
      winner, winner, chicken dinner! ^^^^^^^^

Read that several times! and good luck on your new journey!

Bosch

Comment

Thanks for the advice, right now Im just trying to get a starting point to begin with. I have a lesson booked for my wife and I between that and these books and the green screen I just want a solid foundation to start building from.

Comment

Often, figuring out what works for you entails trying a lot of things that end up not working for you. Split vs. 3 under, glove vs. tab, swing draw vs. drawing with a straight bow arm, finding a consistent anchor point or points, the list goes on. That's where patience comes in - just stay after it and one day it will click and you will have arrived at your own, repeatable style. It is a fun and sometimes frustrating journey!

Comment

Yep! The above have said it best! Good luck!!!

Comment

The wife and I had our first lesson with Larry Seale. Great guy and a heck of a shot. He doesn't bowhunt but he sure does know about form and posture. He also videos everything so he can stop and show you what your form needs.
              My wife is wanting a recurve now, im gonna get her something cheap to practice with until she can build up her strength.

Comment

Asbell's books probably helped me more than any, but I had to read and re-read them.
                With any, there are things you can, and can't use. I'm still learning after 48 years.

Comment

Working...
                X