Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Opportunity within 1 Hour of Spring, Tx...Where??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Opportunity within 1 Hour of Spring, Tx...Where??

Hey all,

I'd like some advice. I'm wanting to hunt hogs, not interested in deer at all. I'd like to find a place that is about an hours drive from my home in Spring. The places I have been looking at are about 2 1/2 hours away and that's just too far to go out on a whim and hunt a few hours. That kinda trip requires some planning on my part. I'm gonna hunt those places for sure, but I'd like a closer place that I can go and hunt more often.

I know Sam Houston is within that drive, but I have heard all kinds of negative stories about hunting there....and some good ones too. If that's my only choice then that will be the one I go to. I'd just like to know if there are better options I may not know about.

Can you all recommend some locations for me to check out?

Thanks for the time and help.

Nalajr

Can anyone tell me about BIG THICKETT? Could I hunt hogs there this late in the season? I know you have to get a permit to hunt there and are those permits for ALL hunting or just deer?

Thanks

Nalajr

Comment

Not positive but what I remember for big thicket is can only hunt during whitetail season no hunting in summer etc unless I was told wrong

Comment

Working...
      X